GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/08/03 at 12:01
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have recently bought the Lord Of The Rings The Two Towers on 2 Disc DVD but it simply will not work on my DVD player. It works fine downstairs but on the upstairs player it can't seem to get past 31 seconds. I know the disc is Region 2 and it's not scratched as I only just bought it from Asda yet it still just wont work. I need some help, anyone?
Sun 31/08/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Maybe its the short version of the film.. y'know, the 31 second version?
Sun 31/08/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
Then your sorted.
Sun 31/08/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I know the DVD itself isn't broken as A) It works downstairs and B) I have already rented a copy before I bought it and that wouldn't work upstairs either but it would work downstairs. Exchanging it will do nothing and I still want to watch it. I think I'll just wait until my parents buy a new viewing system (there's talk of a plasma screen tv with DVD player and VHS:D ) downstairs then I can take that DVD player and hook it up to my bedroom TV.
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
You have two choices really.

1) Take the DVD back and exchange it.

2) Swap your DVD player with the one downstairs.
Sat 30/08/03 at 12:33
Regular
"The Red Shift"
well, like i said it could be the compatability problem. have you tried going into different chapters of the film?

otherwise, unlucky. return it, get another, if that fails too then your stuck.
Sat 30/08/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
It does play it absolutely through downstairs but my parents are down there so they constantly want to watch the news etc down there so I can't watch it down there for more than half an hours or so so I end up scene skipping to the end:(
Sat 30/08/03 at 12:08
Regular
"The Red Shift"
very. there could be a problem between the disk and the player however. certain disks are incompatible with certain players. this is very rare (i think), but it could be the problem. make absolutely sure that the disk plays the whole way through downstairs.
Sat 30/08/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
P.s Disc 2 works fine it's just Disc 1 with the actual film that doesn't:( I've also tried hundreds of other DVDs on it and they all work so my player can't be broken. It's strange.
Sat 30/08/03 at 12:01
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have recently bought the Lord Of The Rings The Two Towers on 2 Disc DVD but it simply will not work on my DVD player. It works fine downstairs but on the upstairs player it can't seem to get past 31 seconds. I know the disc is Region 2 and it's not scratched as I only just bought it from Asda yet it still just wont work. I need some help, anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.