GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is there something in the air that is making people stupid..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/08/03 at 12:42
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
or I am just becoming an ornery old bint?

Just been to Staples stationary outlet. Guy on till is 50+ and not the brightest lightbulb in the shop, women late 20's / early 30's.

She's buying some copy paper and 4 cans of spray mount. He puts everything though the till then:

Him: These are on offer, buy 2 get 1 free
Her: Oh I don't know if I have enough money for that
Me: If you can pay for these then you don't need any more money as the other 2 cans are free.

He tells her how much the bill is and then - put one of the cans through twice more - and tells her again how much the bill is. Strangely enough it was the same price!!!!!

Simpletons.
Fri 29/08/03 at 12:42
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
or I am just becoming an ornery old bint?

Just been to Staples stationary outlet. Guy on till is 50+ and not the brightest lightbulb in the shop, women late 20's / early 30's.

She's buying some copy paper and 4 cans of spray mount. He puts everything though the till then:

Him: These are on offer, buy 2 get 1 free
Her: Oh I don't know if I have enough money for that
Me: If you can pay for these then you don't need any more money as the other 2 cans are free.

He tells her how much the bill is and then - put one of the cans through twice more - and tells her again how much the bill is. Strangely enough it was the same price!!!!!

Simpletons.
Fri 29/08/03 at 12:45
Regular
"\\"
hahahahaha... She is so stupid.
Fri 29/08/03 at 12:49
"Darkness, always"
Now you see, everyone laughed when the EU claimed that buy one-get one free's and 3 for 2 offers made people buy things they didn't need and also confused consumers.
Fri 29/08/03 at 13:03
Regular
"The Red Shift"
>Is there something in the air that is making people stupid?

answer: hash smoke?
:D

yes, she did seem a bit confused, but maybe she was tired or preoccupied.
Fri 29/08/03 at 13:47
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Hey - that's two of you that picked on her but he was as just as bad.
Fri 29/08/03 at 13:51
Regular
"The Red Shift"
(i did vote for black glove)

i did suggest that she could have been tired or preoccupied...

also, why should the guy promote to her to get free stuff from his shop?
Fri 29/08/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
It's not his shop he only works there (big franchise up here in the North) and he was pointing out the offer but he didn't seem to grasp the concept either which is why he put 2 extra ones through the till.

(I voted Grandprix which makes two out of two in the elections I've voted in. My tag line? Jump start on the next one. Oh and don't I owe you a new Sarcasm meter?)
Fri 29/08/03 at 13:58
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Einstein: "The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

You've just affirmed that statement.
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Stupid people are annoying. Even more annoying than Arsenal fans. Which really says something.
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
(i loved the comments used to break it :D, theyre pretty expensive though because they sometimes wear out in chat forums)

i know the big (warehouse?) company called staples and we have them down here. (even if not i would have seen it when i went ooop noooorth, to visit family). it does seem theyre both a little off, but luckily us younger than 30 people have more sense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.