GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"bing.com"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/06/09 at 08:20
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Bing.com

Microsoft's new-ish search engine. Has anybody else used it?

I've tried it once or twice and it seems pretty good - even loads quicker than google on the work computer and displays a different background picture each day.

Not sure how good the search index is, whether or not it will live up to google I don't know, but I really like the image search results are displayed - lots of thumbnails to view without having to search through pages and pages of google results with a tiny thumbnail inbetween lots of white and text.

The jury is still out for me on this one, but I can see myself using it more in the future.

Do you think it would ever replace google?
Fri 20/07/12 at 16:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
You could always Bing it to see where it comes from.

Ah, full circle.

And I presume you refer to an earlier 'post' elsewhere ;¬)
Fri 20/07/12 at 15:44
Regular
"How Ironic"
I stopped reading after "and done a partnership"....
Fri 20/07/12 at 15:29
"possibly impossible"
DL wrote:
And I don't think that that 'paragraph' has been copied ;¬P

You could always Bing it to see where it comes from.

Ah, full circle.
Fri 20/07/12 at 12:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And I don't think that that 'paragraph' has been copied ;¬P
Fri 20/07/12 at 12:09
Regular
Yes they make changes and done a partnership with yahoo. They both have same working of the crawler.

In October 2011, Bing announced it is working on new back-end search infrastructure, with the goal of delivering faster and slightly more relevant search results for users. Known as "Tiger," the new index-serving technology has been incorporated into Bing globally, since August 2011. In May 2012, Bing announced another redesign of its search engine that includes "Sidebar," a social feature that searches users' social networks for information relevant to the search query.
Tue 29/05/12 at 20:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Davidm4 wrote:
I don't know how Swedish meatballs are served.

That's the point, serve them as you like but they are brilliant ;¬)
Tue 29/05/12 at 20:08
Regular
DL wrote:
On another subject, have you tried Swedish Meatballs? Brilliant food and great with spaghetti, sort of spag bol except with meatballs ;¬)

Nope, I haven't. I usually have meatballs or "albondigas" when I go to Tenerife which they serve in a tomato sauce. I don't know how Swedish meatballs are served.
Tue 29/05/12 at 19:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Davidm4 wrote:
As for finding food, it reminds me when my mom found some dumplings in the cupboard that were a few years old. For some reason we still tried to eat them. They did not taste good :)

Believe me Davidm4 I know where mum's are coming from!

My mother, thankfully playing with the angels or annoying someone else wherever, was really bad with 'food dates' One day, let's say 20 years ago, I happened to go through the cupboards in my mother's kitchen...there was 'stuff' in those cupboards dated 1968 and to think, that at that time my kids, probably 5 and 7 at the time, used to eat there! :¬P

Mrs DL isn't the same ... she is the exact opposite ... it only has to be one millesecond over its date and out it goes!

On another subject, have you tried Swedish Meatballs? Brilliant food and great with spaghetti, sort of spag bol except with meatballs ;¬)
Tue 29/05/12 at 18:44
Regular
DL wrote:
It's been a while since we had them actually. When the kids were younger it was a regular meal. Infact, having just looked, we have a box (in date) in the freezer!! Bonus ;¬)

My Grandma used to make them regularly when I was a kid, but one day my brother said he didn't like them, so we never had them for years. Fairly recently he said he liked them, so we all yelled at him >.<

As for finding food, it reminds me when my mom found some dumplings in the cupboard that were a few years old. For some reason we still tried to eat them. They did not taste good :)
Tue 29/05/12 at 18:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Davidm4 wrote:
DL wrote:
[i]Think you'll find them excellent with peas and gravy ;¬)

Faggots taste offal :p

I love them really, but its been a while since I've had any.

Ofcourse, if that post gets deleted our comments are going to look completely random :D[/i]

Haha ... it didn't, so we're ok Davidm4 ;¬) It's been a while since we had them actually. When the kids were younger it was a regular meal. Infact, having just looked, we have a box (in date) in the freezer!! Bonus ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.