GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I has built myself up for 28 Days Later"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/08/03 at 11:26
Regular
And last night I finally won in my victory to rent it out... after a much heated discussion in the shop.

And me swearing because they wanted Chicago... CHICAGO? Urgh

Yeah so I thought the film would be scarier but it was more an after affect film and my imagination was everywhere when I went to sleep. It was alright but not as good as I thought it would have been.
Mon 01/09/03 at 19:49
Regular
"Selected"
ADH wrote:
> Seriously guys, there can be no major critiscisms of it. It wasn't
> SUPPOSED to be a horror film (certainly not in the standard Hollywood
> HORROR genre anyway), was shot incredibly stylishly, and above all
> had some seriously deep thought behind it.

It wasn't supposed to be a horror film? What are you talking about, it had Zombie's in!! What sort of film has killer zombies in but claims its not a horror?? And "seriously deep thought"?? I don't know what your talking about there....
Mon 01/09/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Poor execution?

28 Days. A British based production, low budget, little major studio influence, an absolute success story of British cinema!

Seriously guys, there can be no major critiscisms of it. It wasn't SUPPOSED to be a horror film (certainly not in the standard Hollywood HORROR genre anyway), was shot incredibly stylishly, and above all had some seriously deep thought behind it.

Independent film one, Hollywood nil.
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Selected"
it sucked ass, such a good idea such a shoddy execution
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Party Hard"
I thought it was pretty awesome.

But opinions are opinions.
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:21
Regular
28 days later was one of the worst ilms ive seen in the last few yeas. The opening scenes of deserted london were impressive.....the film was not.
Wed 27/08/03 at 17:16
Regular
I don't think it sucked. It wasn't really supposed to be scary I don't think, just a thought provoking vision of a possible future.

I liked it, although towards the end it slipped into daftness, and it seemed as though the makers rushed it.

good stuff though
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:52
Regular
"keep your receipt"
You shouldn't have gone into it expecting it to be a horror film. Sure I thought some bits were scary, but I enjoyed it more as a disturbing, thought-provoking premonition of a possible future our world could have. And at the current state the world is in, I wouldn't rule it out at all.

I enjoyed this film. In fact, I'm going to watch it again tonight.
Wed 27/08/03 at 13:37
Regular
"That's right!"
28 Days Later wasn't particulary good. I was waiting for it to become "terryfying" and all that other nonsense everybody raved on about. Right up until the end. Never happened.

I think it's one of those things you either love or hate. My mates liked it, I didn't.
Wed 27/08/03 at 11:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yes... 28 Days.

Apparently a sequel

I sometimes worry about my friends
Wed 27/08/03 at 11:30
Regular
"16.8.13.23"
Heh

I really liked it. Though when I saw it I hadn't actually heard of it before, so there was no big hype up for me.

No where near as good as 28 Days with Sandra Bullock though *Runs away*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.