GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HTML/CSS Menu"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/06/09 at 13:03
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
First of all create a design in photoshop.

1.Open new 450 x 27 px image.

2.Create new layer called “border” and fill background with #0066cc
Click Here

3. Then select “border” layer with Rectangular Marquee Tool (M), go to Select > Modify > Contract and contract it with 1 px and then delete the selection left.
Click Here

4. Create a new layer called “background” , then go to Select > Reselect (Shift+Ctrl+D) . Set foregound to #0099ff and background to #0099cc. Then right click on “background” layer, Blending Options > Gradient Overlay and make changes like in the image below.
Click Here

5. After make a selection with Rectangular Marquee Tool (M) on background layer like in image below, then create a new layer called “background_hover”.
Click Here

set background to #99ff00 and foreground to #99cc00 and fill that selection by right clicking on “background_hover” layer Blending Options > Gradient Overlay, after go to Blending Options > Stroke on the same layer and make the changes like in the second image below.
Click Here
Click Here

After saving background images we create a css file and write the following code and save it:
Click Here

Then we create a html file and write the following code and save it
Click Here

See the finished thing HERE
Thu 04/06/09 at 13:57
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I almost feel like this is missing something, maybe a youtube video showing how to split up the image and save the components.
Wed 03/06/09 at 14:45
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
No Probs

Wed 03/06/09 at 14:41
Regular
I edited my post before you replied :)
Wed 03/06/09 at 14:37
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
t1mmie wrote:
> Hi jubba
>
> Please note that the rules have recently changed slightly and we
> no longer give prizes for 'design' tutorials, but more technical
> threads instead.
>
> Please check the previous submissions for more info.

Surely this is technical though as it is a tutorial on how to use CSS and HTML to make something.

The examples I have used are just for guidance, its not me designing it for you lol
Wed 03/06/09 at 13:40
Regular
Hi jubba

Please note that the rules have recently changed slightly and we no longer give prizes for 'design' tutorials, but more technical threads instead.

Please check the previous submissions for more info.

Edit: I suppose this more or less fits in to technical anyway. Is there a final result we can see? :)
Wed 03/06/09 at 13:03
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
First of all create a design in photoshop.

1.Open new 450 x 27 px image.

2.Create new layer called “border” and fill background with #0066cc
Click Here

3. Then select “border” layer with Rectangular Marquee Tool (M), go to Select > Modify > Contract and contract it with 1 px and then delete the selection left.
Click Here

4. Create a new layer called “background” , then go to Select > Reselect (Shift+Ctrl+D) . Set foregound to #0099ff and background to #0099cc. Then right click on “background” layer, Blending Options > Gradient Overlay and make changes like in the image below.
Click Here

5. After make a selection with Rectangular Marquee Tool (M) on background layer like in image below, then create a new layer called “background_hover”.
Click Here

set background to #99ff00 and foreground to #99cc00 and fill that selection by right clicking on “background_hover” layer Blending Options > Gradient Overlay, after go to Blending Options > Stroke on the same layer and make the changes like in the second image below.
Click Here
Click Here

After saving background images we create a css file and write the following code and save it:
Click Here

Then we create a html file and write the following code and save it
Click Here

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.