GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How can you really be Bothered???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 12:55
Regular
I've been on these forums nearly 2 years now, and I still don't get this whole idea of electing someone to become the next Forum "Notable"...

If you ask me, it's just a "Copularity Pontest" with the one-poster everyone seems to love the most getting their appearence changed so they look more-important or "better" than the hundreds of others in the forums around them.

Perhaps on your first time, it is quite "exciting", just to see what happens, who wins, and who gets how-many votes...

But once you've seen one of them, you've seen them all.

"Vote 4 me!!1!" "vote 4or hhim!1!!1"
"Hoo r u gona vote 4????????"

And the majority of you seem to get so-excited over it, when there are much-greater things out there - in the real world - that'll give you an experience 10-times-greater than anything you could ever find online...

Scoring a goal, doing `65´ in a 30mph-zone, having sex (of course!)...!

Some of you REALLY need to get out more, and discover that there is an alternative "life" away from your PC - and one that is worth living, before you're all too fat and old to appreciate and enjoy it.

"Carpé diem" - Sieze the day.

And with so many "forum favourites" already bearing pee-green-coloured names, there's even less of a cause for celebration, each time it rolls-around, every 4 months.

And it's not like you never really 'know' who will be the eventual winner - as soon as the exclusive forum opens-up, and instant-favourtie is, usaully, almost easily within sight within hours.

I really don't know what you lot see in it?!

And why would you, personally, want to be a Notable, anyway??
So you can say that loads of people you do not know "adore" you? That these 200+ (or how ever many there actually are...) think of you as "the best", worship the forums you post on, and think of you as "God"??

Well... You are not a world-class footballer!!

Maybe it's because I'm in-love... Or maybe it's just hit me how seriously ill some of you people must be, upstairs...?

But I really think SR should at least be considering un-electing Notables - if not leaving it as it is, now - rather than adding ANOTHER name to that endless list.

Winning the Notable Election is like winning your first England cap with Sven-Goran Eriksson as manager... You haven't properly "earnt it", anyone with the right age - no matter what they're actually like - can win it, and it's all become a lot more "meaningless" than it once was, now that it's "cool".
Thu 28/08/03 at 00:31
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
soljskear wrote:
> can you really be Bothered???

No.

Ok, its a bit of fun, but at the same time its very pathetic to see mostly mature individuals being so shallow by showing how much this "recognition" means to them. This is a bloody internet forum -and a great one at that- it shouldn't be the centre of peoples lives.
Tue 26/08/03 at 14:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Ashley wrote:
> also solskjaer does tend to do quality posts rather than spammy little
> arguments so it is quite unfair to compare, him to some others

It still proves he's one of the people who "waste days, weeks, months and then years of their lives sat at their PCs, typing-away online". All his posts are quite long, so he probably spends more time than most writing them too.
Tue 26/08/03 at 14:50
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
that's the first time I've ever done that. Curse my useless fingers.

*randum
Tue 26/08/03 at 14:49
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Rude is my middle name.

Memoruderandom.

Plus it meant he was being a complete hypocrite.
Tue 26/08/03 at 14:48
Regular
also solskjaer does tend to do quality posts rather than spammy little arguments so it is quite unfair to compare, him to some others
Tue 26/08/03 at 14:47
Regular
i was going to point that out but i thought it would be a bit rude!
Tue 26/08/03 at 14:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Memorandum! wrote:
> It would appear you're one of them.

Ho ho, well met.
Tue 26/08/03 at 13:35
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Tis good to be in a forum when I should be working...
Tue 26/08/03 at 13:20
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Solskjær wrote:
> So-many people waste days, weeks, months and then years of their
> lives sat at their PCs, typing-away online - When there's a whole
> world out there - several-times-bigger than the 'Net - which should
> not be ignored!

"UKchatforums.com 6,659 Posts, 767,793 Words
UKcheats.com 101 Cheats See the Cheats
UKhints.com 233 Hints See the Hints
UKreviews.com 96 Reviews See the Reviews"

It would appear you're one of them.
Tue 26/08/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Kind of like in The Matrix, you mean?

``Cool´´. That would, hopefully, make me an "original"! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.