GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm... **SUMMERSLAM SPOILERS**"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/08/03 at 14:48
Regular
I'm only gonna talk about the EC really...I'm kinda surprised with the result.

The EC was great - but there wasn't enough of it. Too short, and there was no where near enough of Jericho, HBK and HHH. To see guys as talented as Y2J snd HBK get their butts handed to them by Goldberg was painful, especially as I was hoping for Y2J to at least be in the last two, if not win the match.

Then I was at least expecting a decent fight back from HHH, before Goldberg winning the title...but HHH winning with the sledgehammer? That early? Strange, and a little anti-climactic (sp?).

I would've expected Y2J or Goldberg to win before HHH...I knew HHH had a chance, and to be honest I'm reasonably glad he's won it, but the only reason is so he can have a much more heated feud with Goldberg. I have a strange feeling he might keep the title till WrestleMania...

Still, I'd rather him win it than Goldberg, Nash and Orton...but Y2J got a huge reception, can't they see how over he is!?

And does Goldberg vs HHH really need the title?

So, thoughts?
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:16
Regular
I'm with Ant, the game is gonna lose the title at Wrestlemania, he's gonna have a great 1 on 1 match with someone, no interference and he's gonna go out like a true champ :)
Mon 25/08/03 at 20:28
"Will job 4 pie"
Listen, I may have been having a serious dillusional episode last night, but was Goldberg, like, super over with the crowd during the EC?

Star of the match: Randy Orton, sold Goldberg's offence like it killed him. I don't agree with letting Da Man steamroller over everybody but if it's going to happen this is the way it should be done.

The Match: Bit hit and miss really. I didn't think it was awful, but didn't really flick my switch either. Michaels, Orton, and Jericho in particular all put in good performances though so it was watchable because of them.

The Ending: I'm outraged! I'm livid! I'm.... actually I stopped caring about HHH's backstage wrangling a long time ago. All I got from this was a sad sense of disapointment. What's the point of screaming about it? Yes it was a sham, yes it was the wrong decision, and yes it'll probably be the same story at Unforgiven. The king is dead, long live the politician.
Mon 25/08/03 at 15:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Summerslam for me was absolutely great in the middle and both the start and ending disappointed alot.

Fatal Fourway, Angle v Brock even Kane v RVD entertained me but matches like A-Train v Undertaker to me are, boring, who cares matches that have no place on a PPV when there's far better talent around to use. (Ultimo v Rey = 5 star match Vince)

Then you have the criminally short EC match. I do have to give it to HHH though this time, he did have me fooled. I actually thought he would do the decent thing and drop the title but as soon as Nash and Michaels went i knew that wasn't going to be the case. Keep pandering to him Vince and make the most of Wrestlemania XX because if you keep this up it'll be your last one. Either that or just spare us the rubbish and every match just let him hit the opponent with the hammer and pin him and give far more talented people the tv time. (Benoit, Angle, Eddie, etc etc)
Goldberg did actually make me want to watch him for the first time he's been around with great spots like the spear through the glass on Jericho although i think he was the main reason for the match being so short.
Jericho for me should have won this and there was at least 10 minutes of wrestling that could have been used if they didn't eliminate Nash so early (what was the point of him being there if he spent more time in the chamber then he actually managed in the ring?) which could have furthered the fued with Jericho and Nash. Obviously though Nash had to go shoot his movie that night because that's the only reason i can think of for him getting eliminated so early.
Randy Orton proved to me exactly why he shouldn't have been in the EC match. He's not even IC title level for me so god knows why he was in a major PPV main event. But of course HHH likes him and he does one decent dropkick so who cares about an entertaining match eh?
Michaels was his usual solid self but he definitly would have benefited from a longer match to further showcase his skills.

Oh well least my remote will continue to get a work out everytime HHH is on tv until he drops the strap. (Not holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon though)
Mon 25/08/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Plate of glue"
I was not really happy with the E C. What was up with HHH's attire?The ending was preety poor.The match did have alot of potential but WWE just didn't use it. You have, in that chamber:Goldberg,shawn micheales,kevin nash,hhh,jericho and randy orton. It was pathetic. Anyway, I enjoyed the rest of summerslam. Good on Kurt Angle.
Mon 25/08/03 at 14:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
I'm only gonna talk about the EC really...I'm kinda surprised with the result.

The EC was great - but there wasn't enough of it. Too short, and there was no where near enough of Jericho, HBK and HHH. To see guys as talented as Y2J snd HBK get their butts handed to them by Goldberg was painful, especially as I was hoping for Y2J to at least be in the last two, if not win the match.

Then I was at least expecting a decent fight back from HHH, before Goldberg winning the title...but HHH winning with the sledgehammer? That early? Strange, and a little anti-climactic (sp?).

I would've expected Y2J or Goldberg to win before HHH...I knew HHH had a chance, and to be honest I'm reasonably glad he's won it, but the only reason is so he can have a much more heated feud with Goldberg. I have a strange feeling he might keep the title till WrestleMania...

Still, I'd rather him win it than Goldberg, Nash and Orton...but Y2J got a huge reception, can't they see how over he is!?

And does Goldberg vs HHH really need the title?

So, thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.