GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminator meets the matrix (t3 spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/08/03 at 23:37
Regular
Having seen both films Couldn't help but think how close the ending of T3 runs to the information given to us by morpheus in the original matrix about the days shortly previous to the matrix, a vicious struggle between machines and humans, human desperation and a strike back from the machines.

It would be pretty cool and novel if terminator 4 lead into the original matrix, T4 sees the struggle to save the world and ends in failure, in the final scene of desperation the humans scorch the sky and the machines turn to there final scary twist of taking the humans as a power source, skynet develops the matrix. Although they'd never do it, if it was done properly it could be pretty amazing. As they ae pretty compatible, obviously it can't really happen as the matrix is to free standing but it would make an interesting concept to say the least.
Sun 24/08/03 at 23:37
Regular
Having seen both films Couldn't help but think how close the ending of T3 runs to the information given to us by morpheus in the original matrix about the days shortly previous to the matrix, a vicious struggle between machines and humans, human desperation and a strike back from the machines.

It would be pretty cool and novel if terminator 4 lead into the original matrix, T4 sees the struggle to save the world and ends in failure, in the final scene of desperation the humans scorch the sky and the machines turn to there final scary twist of taking the humans as a power source, skynet develops the matrix. Although they'd never do it, if it was done properly it could be pretty amazing. As they ae pretty compatible, obviously it can't really happen as the matrix is to free standing but it would make an interesting concept to say the least.
Sun 24/08/03 at 23:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It wouldn't work, it would cause a conflict. We are told that John Connor becomes a great military leader and strikes back against Skynet. I suppose the resistance could fail, but that would mean saving the life of john connor would have been utterly pointless from the start.
Mon 25/08/03 at 13:28
Regular
"keep your receipt"
The Animatrix tells how the Matrix started, and unfortunately Arnie hasn't got anything to do with it.
Mon 25/08/03 at 13:43
Regular
"lets go back"
I had the same idea a while ago but my mates thought i was crazy. I.m glad someone agrees with me. It wouldnt fit perfectly but the idea does kind of fit.
Mon 25/08/03 at 19:04
Regular
Geffdof wrote:
> I had the same idea a while ago but my mates thought i was crazy. I.m
> glad someone agrees with me. It wouldnt fit perfectly but the idea
> does kind of fit.

well your not getting any money, when i sue arnie for ripping of my idea! lol. Would be pretty cool, john connor dies anyway! it says so in the third film! the resistance could fail as arnie is only sent back partway through and victory has not yet been ensured when he is sent back.
Mon 25/08/03 at 19:39
Regular
"lets go back"
It would be pretty cool i guess. The bit in T3 saying that John Conner dies is stupid. It doesnt follow on from T1. In T1 Kyle Reese says that the resistance had won which was why the machines sent back a terminator, and then John sent him back. He also says that they destroyed the time machine afterwards making T2 and T3 impossible. or am i just nit picking now. i've got more but i suppose this is the wrong topic.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:10
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
'There is no fate but what we make'

This was the message that John Conner was given by himself.

That would simply mean that the future is not set. Skynet was destroyed, but because conner stopped there, feeling that he was safe, he only postponed it.

The story does work, as in T2 all they did was destroy the terminator chip, not the skynet project (which would have had to be software).

To counter the point that the time machine was destroyed, how could kyle know this, he was sent through before this would have happened.
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:07
Regular
"lets go back"
Ok, well explain this. Kyle Reese says only living tissue can go throught the time machine. Arnie was covered in living tissue which is how he got through in T1. But the T1000 was fully metal so how does that work?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.