GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Actor Shot - Reminiscent of Brandon Lee"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/08/03 at 13:26
Regular
An actor who said he thought he was handed a gun with harmless blanks has been arrested after shooting and killing a colleague during the filming of an action scene.

Actor Flavio Peniche was arrested on suspicion of homicide, according to the attorney general's office of Morelos state, just south of Mexico City. He has been released $40,000 bail.

The incident occurred on Saturday during filming of a low-budget movie, "Juana The Scorpion," at a hotel in Cuernavaca, the state capital.

"I was handed the prop gun, and did the scene as I was instructed," Peniche told The Associated Press Thursday. "When I saw the blood come from his chest, at first I though it was fake blood."

Peniche said he quickly realized actor Antonio Velasco, 42, was unconscious and called for help and tried to stop the bleeding.

Velasco died shortly afterward at a Cuernavaca hospital.

Peniche said Velasco was killed by a blank that contained too much gunpowder. But Morelos state prosecutors said it was a real bullet.

If convicted, Peniche could face a prison sentence of 8 to 20 years.
Sun 24/08/03 at 16:55
Regular
"oaps.org"
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Why not use blank-firers which have the barrels sealed off,

Hmmm that would be quite dangerous for the one holding the gun, it would likely exploded due to the hot gasses expanding from the gunpowder
Sun 24/08/03 at 14:55
Regular
why - WHY are they using real guns in the first place? Why not use blank-firers which have the barrels sealed off, which would ensure that this couldn't happen. Mind you if you put a real bullet in a blan firer, it'll most likely seriously injure the one firing it.

Personally if I was handed a gun and told to shoot it at someone, I'd check it over myself, it's not worth the risk.
Sun 24/08/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ooh, that's from MSN Entertainment by the way.
Sun 24/08/03 at 13:26
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
An actor who said he thought he was handed a gun with harmless blanks has been arrested after shooting and killing a colleague during the filming of an action scene.

Actor Flavio Peniche was arrested on suspicion of homicide, according to the attorney general's office of Morelos state, just south of Mexico City. He has been released $40,000 bail.

The incident occurred on Saturday during filming of a low-budget movie, "Juana The Scorpion," at a hotel in Cuernavaca, the state capital.

"I was handed the prop gun, and did the scene as I was instructed," Peniche told The Associated Press Thursday. "When I saw the blood come from his chest, at first I though it was fake blood."

Peniche said he quickly realized actor Antonio Velasco, 42, was unconscious and called for help and tried to stop the bleeding.

Velasco died shortly afterward at a Cuernavaca hospital.

Peniche said Velasco was killed by a blank that contained too much gunpowder. But Morelos state prosecutors said it was a real bullet.

If convicted, Peniche could face a prison sentence of 8 to 20 years.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.