GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown! 3 Preview"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/02/01 at 22:46
Regular
Well, THQ have just announced the tentative title of Smackdown! 3 for the Playstation 2 but look at these specs, if you will:

78 styles of matches
35 superstars
Over 1,000 different moves
Six-man tag matches
Up to nine wrestlers in the ring simultaneously
Fight with your tag team partner
Six-man tag matches

Hmmmm, this is all well and good but 78 types of matches, I don't know if any game can have that, are there 78 different types of Wrestling Matches? I just hope that they don't over hype this fact and then people find out that they can play in a Six-Man tag with a female ref, and then with a male ref and then with no ref and then this accounts for 3 of the 78 matches.

And another thing, despite the 60 frames a second gameplay, 35 Superstars!!!! Wow, that is gonna compete with...WWF Attitude, how lame, I don't think that is right and if it is we're in trouble, or in for one big dissapointment!

The rest is belivable and with 9 players in the ring at once the game should be great but then again you're gonna have trouble turning to face Austin when Kane, The Rock, HHH, Billy Gunn, X-Pac, Credible and Shawn Michaels are all in the ring with the two of you....errrr...try again THQ, you won't be beating No Mercy anyime soon, and er...is it me or is there no mention of Create-a-Wrestler....my bet is that this is just a rumor, or one big dissapointing game Idea if it isn't! And hey, Dean Malenko knows a thousand moves alone, surely they can do better than that!?
Fri 02/03/01 at 10:38
SMAKDOWN! 3!!! i brought smakdown and was hooked then i brought smakdown 2 know your role and started to think... how does a wrestling game get so good??? well then i thought a bit more and realised WHO CARES so i hope smakdown!3 is as good as its previous 1&2
Fri 23/02/01 at 22:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
I like the sound of this!! Nine characters in the ring at any one time sounds excellent, and running commentary should give it more authenticity. I hope that they take a mode from the X-Box version of Raw is War and have fighting in the stands through the crowd - That would be awesome!! Should be the best wrestling yet!!
Fri 23/02/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Have to admit that I hated wrestling games. The idea of watching large oily men laying on each other and throwing them around the "ring" never appealed, much less the idea of controlling these characters.
Oh how I chuckled when a mate tried to convince me that playing as "Hardcore Holly" was fun, and pinning another large gentleman on the canvas by sitting on him was a good way to pass an evening.

However...in a moment of boredom I bought Smackdown2:Know your Role and I am hooked.

Tremendous fun and the only thing that sits in my PS2 now.

The idea of playing it properly on PS2, with the potential for graphics, speed and all the rest appeals very much.

I say Bring It On!
Fri 23/02/01 at 12:53
Regular
"not dead"
When I read this it just didn't sound right.

It surely must be 78 wrestlers and 35 types of match.

Can you think of 78 different types of match they could have?
Fri 23/02/01 at 12:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Smackdown 3? Not another one NNNNOOOOOO!!!!....
(35 stars. Okay-Thats a lot isn't it!!!!)
Thu 22/02/01 at 22:46
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Well, THQ have just announced the tentative title of Smackdown! 3 for the Playstation 2 but look at these specs, if you will:

78 styles of matches
35 superstars
Over 1,000 different moves
Six-man tag matches
Up to nine wrestlers in the ring simultaneously
Fight with your tag team partner
Six-man tag matches

Hmmmm, this is all well and good but 78 types of matches, I don't know if any game can have that, are there 78 different types of Wrestling Matches? I just hope that they don't over hype this fact and then people find out that they can play in a Six-Man tag with a female ref, and then with a male ref and then with no ref and then this accounts for 3 of the 78 matches.

And another thing, despite the 60 frames a second gameplay, 35 Superstars!!!! Wow, that is gonna compete with...WWF Attitude, how lame, I don't think that is right and if it is we're in trouble, or in for one big dissapointment!

The rest is belivable and with 9 players in the ring at once the game should be great but then again you're gonna have trouble turning to face Austin when Kane, The Rock, HHH, Billy Gunn, X-Pac, Credible and Shawn Michaels are all in the ring with the two of you....errrr...try again THQ, you won't be beating No Mercy anyime soon, and er...is it me or is there no mention of Create-a-Wrestler....my bet is that this is just a rumor, or one big dissapointing game Idea if it isn't! And hey, Dean Malenko knows a thousand moves alone, surely they can do better than that!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.