GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bowling for Columbine"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/03 at 23:39
Regular
Just finished watching this. Spoilers and stuff below

Very good and got me all angry and stuff

Possibly the most shocking piece was that news presenter covering the shooting of the 6 year old girl. Being Mr Sensitive and the moment he finished laughs about needing hairspray.

Shocking comparison with Canada and America as well, Canada looks a cool place.

And Charlton Heston... moron.

Still... it's nice to know there are some people out there that think like me. Very cool that they got Wal-mart to stop selling ammunition... rock.
Sat 23/08/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Just finished watching this. Spoilers and stuff below

Very good and got me all angry and stuff

Possibly the most shocking piece was that news presenter covering the shooting of the 6 year old girl. Being Mr Sensitive and the moment he finished laughs about needing hairspray.

Shocking comparison with Canada and America as well, Canada looks a cool place.

And Charlton Heston... moron.

Still... it's nice to know there are some people out there that think like me. Very cool that they got Wal-mart to stop selling ammunition... rock.
Sat 23/08/03 at 23:58
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's a great film, exactly the kind of film we need more of, to let more people know this kind of stuff is going on behind our backs. The only thing I think let it down slightly is Moore going to town on Heston at the end. Knowing what we know now, that Heston is an Alzheimers sufferer, it's almost like Moore was bullying the answers out of him towards the end. The point is, he's a stupid racist old man of the old generation, and you won't find any truth from him, there's no point in berating him until he throws you out, it does no good.

Still, a top film which really made me think and question the filth I'm fed by the media/government etc.
Sun 24/08/03 at 09:53
Regular
"Selected"
It's funny when he asks who he can sue about the pollution and the cop guy act's as if he's looking at something. Ass.

Apart from that, it was pretty harrowing....especially the CCTV footage in the school. I read a transcript once of a call made to police by a librarian - it's awful to read just because you can tell how scared they were.

In other news - CHARLTON HESTON ROCKS IN THE OMEGA MAN.
Sun 24/08/03 at 10:08
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Of course Michael Moore doesn't neccessarily feel the need to tell the truth in his 'documentary'...

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
Tue 26/08/03 at 00:34
Regular
"Great Scott's"
The greatest documentary u will ever see, trust me. It has laughs, it is education and shows how stupid the amercians are if you didn't know already.
Tue 26/08/03 at 09:57
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
El Blokey wrote:
> Of course Michael Moore doesn't neccessarily feel the need to tell the
> truth in his 'documentary'...
>
> http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

Nor does he feel the same need in any of his work, he's playing his fans just as much as the latest pop band does to theirs, except he convinces his fans they're the clever ones. The guy didn't even make it through college.
Wed 27/08/03 at 21:26
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I thought it was brilliant. I HAVE to see Roger and Me now. I thought the beginning bit in the bank was good.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:34
Regular
"bWo > You"
Michael Moore is very good in terms of entertainment. For those wishing to take a step further, try 'The Best Democracy Money Can Buy' by Greg Palast, serious investigative journalism.
Thu 28/08/03 at 23:15
Regular
"Selected"
I always liked Louis Theroux - always entertaining.
Thu 28/08/03 at 23:48
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Belldandy wrote:
> El Blokey wrote:
> Of course Michael Moore doesn't neccessarily feel the need to tell
> the
> truth in his 'documentary'...
>
> http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
>
> Nor does he feel the same need in any of his work, he's playing his
> fans just as much as the latest pop band does to theirs, except he
> convinces his fans they're the clever ones. The guy didn't even make
> it through college.

That's no way to pass off his findings as false though, you can't argue some of the facts presented in the movie. And besides, from the stuff I read on the link above, most of it is just direction quibbles, like him filming a bit to a 'ghost' Heston for a reaction shot, standard film fare. Makes interesting readin though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.