GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100%"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/03 at 12:27
Regular
When im on my computer working or surfing the net it all runs fine, but sometimes it starts to run slow and the CPU says it is running at 100%.
Its happens many times a week and i know it isn't good atall for it to be running at 100%.
And idea's or suggestions on what could be causing this?

I have run Norton Anti virus, this add aware program, and there is no viruses or nothing.

Helpee.
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:51
"I love yo... lamp."
My PC runs at 100% too because of the distributed computing things like FAD. If you are running anything like that, say SETI@home then that would also cause your symptoms. It's no big deal really.

I would also make sure that ad aware is not set to scan permanently, just on demand. Same for a lot of utilities. Its pointless.
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:40
voodoo123 wrote:
> type msconfig in run some stuff on there suck up ur power when you
> dont need it use pacs-portal.co.uk to see what you can remove is this
> any help?

Yes it is, thankyou for your help dude.

Welcome to the forums.
Wed 03/09/03 at 21:27
Regular
type msconfig in run some stuff on there suck up ur power when you dont need it use pacs-portal.co.uk to see what you can remove is this any help?
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It's probably system idle process, which actually simulated 100% usage so it can keep a track of things.

Nevertheless.

There's nothign actually wrong with running your computer at 100% all the time.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:47
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Er, this is poppycock. If you have 100% sustained CPU usage then one of your programs is malfunctioning. If you have Windows XP or 2K, bring up task manager and sort your list of processes by % processor usage. That should show you what is schitzing out all the time.
Sat 23/08/03 at 21:57
Regular
"\\"
The actual thing that show you how much is in usage can take up about 10% on its own.
Sat 23/08/03 at 18:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Mine does this too, occasionally, but I don't ever notice unless I actually look at the chart that shows CPU Usage. It'll be fine, Robin. There's no problem
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:41
Oh, ok.

Thankyou.
Sat 23/08/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Running at 100% is completely fine. My computer's been running at 100% since the day it was booted up.
Sat 23/08/03 at 12:27
When im on my computer working or surfing the net it all runs fine, but sometimes it starts to run slow and the CPU says it is running at 100%.
Its happens many times a week and i know it isn't good atall for it to be running at 100%.
And idea's or suggestions on what could be causing this?

I have run Norton Anti virus, this add aware program, and there is no viruses or nothing.

Helpee.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.