GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help needed (RATM politics)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/03 at 23:15
Regular
*Sorry 4 uzin txt shorthand and poor punctuation, grammar etc., i'm in a bit of a rush!!!*

Ok, u should all know by now (especially if u've red any of my rage related posts) that I'm nuts about rage against the machine.....despite the fact that they've split up! I've been tryin 2 get a Rage tribute band 2g4 4 a while now, and I've finally found a local-ish vocalist and drummer who are out tryin 2 do the same thing. SUCCESS!!! Actually no. As u would expect, they've refused 2 take me on as lead guitarist. Not because I'm not good enough, but because i'm not at all in2 the politics side of Rage. I'm just in it for the music! (and yes i do know how chessy that sounds!). After all, that woz the whole point of rage, the politics bit, which is y audioslave r nowhere as big as rage were: 90% of rage fans were in it 4 the politics...i think. Since this is a dream come tru 4 me and i really want 2 get this band goin, can NE1 recomend anywhere i can get some info on left-wing politics from, or woteva it woz that rage were all about.

Cheers!
Fri 22/08/03 at 23:15
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
*Sorry 4 uzin txt shorthand and poor punctuation, grammar etc., i'm in a bit of a rush!!!*

Ok, u should all know by now (especially if u've red any of my rage related posts) that I'm nuts about rage against the machine.....despite the fact that they've split up! I've been tryin 2 get a Rage tribute band 2g4 4 a while now, and I've finally found a local-ish vocalist and drummer who are out tryin 2 do the same thing. SUCCESS!!! Actually no. As u would expect, they've refused 2 take me on as lead guitarist. Not because I'm not good enough, but because i'm not at all in2 the politics side of Rage. I'm just in it for the music! (and yes i do know how chessy that sounds!). After all, that woz the whole point of rage, the politics bit, which is y audioslave r nowhere as big as rage were: 90% of rage fans were in it 4 the politics...i think. Since this is a dream come tru 4 me and i really want 2 get this band goin, can NE1 recomend anywhere i can get some info on left-wing politics from, or woteva it woz that rage were all about.

Cheers!
Fri 22/08/03 at 23:37
Regular
no offence like but if you're such a big fan, shouldn't you know 'what rage are all about'.

BTW I'm a big fan too, would love to have seen them live, although I think it's likely you'd get crushed to death by the ludicrous fans :D

"caught between my culture, and the system"
Fri 22/08/03 at 23:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Watch some of their videos, such as "No Shelter" and "Sleep Now in the Fire". Read Michael Moore. Look at their lyrics. That'll do for startes.
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:56
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> BTW I'm a big fan too, would love to have seen them live

There's an album of live rage material coming out some time this year and there's some videos of them playin live on it aswell.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:33
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I understand that you used txt spk because you were in a rush...but why the hell do people say "woz" and not "was". That's not shorter, and it looks stupid.

*Grrrs*

Anyway, can't help you, sorry.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:34
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
should've been a question mar after "was" there.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:35
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
*mark

curse my retarded fingers.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Not got a clue about the band, suffice to say that politics is in all music, just some hide it better than others. Unless a band is great, then what they stood for, what they said, is forgotten within 10-20 years at best, most a lot sooner.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Damn commies
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:42
Regular
"you've got a beard"
triggerhappyrocker wrote:
> I'm just in it for the
> music! (and yes i do know how chessy that sounds!).

thank god.... that saves us all telling you then ;)

> After all, that
> woz the whole point of rage, the politics bit, which is y audioslave
> r nowhere as big as rage were:

... nothing to do with audioslave only having 1 album at present then?? give them time!!!

> 90% of rage fans were in it 4 the politics...i think.

i'll put money that the number of rage fans in it just for the politics is a LOT less than 90%
i agreed with them on certain issues they fronted (tibet for example) but i liked rage because they were a very, VERY good band... politics or not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.