GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help needed (RATM politics)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/03 at 23:15
Regular
*Sorry 4 uzin txt shorthand and poor punctuation, grammar etc., i'm in a bit of a rush!!!*

Ok, u should all know by now (especially if u've red any of my rage related posts) that I'm nuts about rage against the machine.....despite the fact that they've split up! I've been tryin 2 get a Rage tribute band 2g4 4 a while now, and I've finally found a local-ish vocalist and drummer who are out tryin 2 do the same thing. SUCCESS!!! Actually no. As u would expect, they've refused 2 take me on as lead guitarist. Not because I'm not good enough, but because i'm not at all in2 the politics side of Rage. I'm just in it for the music! (and yes i do know how chessy that sounds!). After all, that woz the whole point of rage, the politics bit, which is y audioslave r nowhere as big as rage were: 90% of rage fans were in it 4 the politics...i think. Since this is a dream come tru 4 me and i really want 2 get this band goin, can NE1 recomend anywhere i can get some info on left-wing politics from, or woteva it woz that rage were all about.

Cheers!
Thu 28/08/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Rage are/were much better
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:49
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Probably coz "the vocals are now actually singing rather then rapping, which adds another melody line to the music which therefore influences the guitar sound". Or so says Tom Morello.
Tue 26/08/03 at 03:03
Regular
"8==="
I know Audioslave are 3/4 RATM. But they just don't seem as heavy anymore.
Tue 26/08/03 at 03:02
Regular
"8==="
I prefer RATM to Audioslave. They were heavier.
Tue 26/08/03 at 02:50
"I love yo... lamp."
Goatboy wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I ignored most of teh politics because I always got the feeling that
> De LA Rocha was an ill informed idiot.
> ---
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> *wipes eyes*
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> Yeah, that's right. Buy "Battle of New Mexico" DVD and
> watch the interview with him and Noam Chomsky.
> "ill informed idiot"
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't say he was, just that I always got that feeling. Just never could really take him seriously.
Mon 25/08/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've been listening to Battle of Los Angeles all day

It rules

Lights out
Guerilla radio
Turn that sssshiit up
Mon 25/08/03 at 16:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
What about Ms Dynamite VS David Dimbleby?
Mon 25/08/03 at 14:54
Regular
I prefer the interview between Busted and Salman Rushdie, personally.
Mon 25/08/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I ignored most of teh politics because I always got the feeling that
> De LA Rocha was an ill informed idiot.
---

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*wipes eyes*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, that's right. Buy "Battle of New Mexico" DVD and watch the interview with him and Noam Chomsky.
"ill informed idiot"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sun 24/08/03 at 19:38
"I love yo... lamp."
Audioslave are just about as big as Rage. The album has gone platinum. And in a quicker time frame than Rage's debut did.

I ignored most of teh politics because I always got the feeling that De LA Rocha was an ill informed idiot. The rest of them were not so political and were OK. Which is why I prefer Audioslave.

If a covers band want you to know the politics then that's just sad. They are not being themselves. There is a difference between paying homage and being a copy.

Form your own band. One that won't control you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.