GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone still playing Max Payne 2...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 13:09
Regular
Or even if you aren\'t, grab this mod - insanely sweet...

[URL]http://www.fileplanet.com/154516/150000/fileinfo/Max-Payne-2---Mission:-Impossible---New-Dawn-Mod[/URL]

Worth remembering it is a mod, not a new game so it does have a few bugs here and there. Said it all along, more people should use the Max Payne mould because it would fit the bill for so many films.

Damn good fun though with the usual Max Payne class.
Sat 30/07/05 at 14:44
Regular
nope
Tue 28/06/05 at 22:54
Regular
"8==="
Yep the difficulty was a 'payne'.

I found it fun to go through Max Payne on most of the difficulty settings. But I didn't go back to do the same on number 2 because of the awful defending sections that were annoying enough on the lower difficulty I finished the game on.
Tue 28/06/05 at 22:45
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Yeah, defending the characters did mar the game a little bit. It wasn't bad that it changed the flow of the game, I mean it got a little too repetitive anyway. It was bad because it was executed poorly. At times it seemed woefully difficult, especially if you hadn't conserved your painkillers very well.
Tue 28/06/05 at 22:17
Regular
"8==="
I liked the xbox one a fair bit but the switching of characters and the defending of them really grated and detracted from the fun of the original which was seamless.
Tue 28/06/05 at 22:03
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> Both console versions were just awful, loads cut out and they looked
> crap.
>
> When you see it on PC it feels like a different game.

Absolutely.

I bought Max Payne 2 for PS2 on release and it was dire. Some of the most grainy textures I've ever seen and the frame rate dropped to an almost unplayable standard whenever more than a few enemies were on screen.

A couple of months later I got a decent PC and bought MP2 for it. It was superior in every way. The controls were actually better than their console counterparts, which in my experience is a rarity.
Tue 28/06/05 at 08:22
Regular
I\'m not just on about the fact they removed all reflections, made the picture look grainy, took all the colour out and put low res textures in.

The Xbox version was sluggish, aiming sensitivity was way out, sections were removed for both console versions, where there were windows in the PC version they were bordered up in the Xbox version which took away the atmosphere. It was just a big steaming pile of w**k and not even a fraction of what the PC version is.

What the original was on the PS2 the sequel was on the Xbox.
Tue 28/06/05 at 00:25
Regular
"8==="
Seeing but not playing.

Pointless.
Tue 28/06/05 at 00:24
Regular
Both console versions were just awful, loads cut out and they looked crap.

When you see it on PC it feels like a different game.
Mon 27/06/05 at 17:58
Regular
"8==="
odwyer wrote:
> I found the game too short.

I found it to be very poor compared to the original. Yeah let's swap characters and have them protect one another, no let's not because it's implemented badly and detracts from the fun.
Mon 27/06/05 at 17:54
Regular
"serenity now!"
I love Max Payne, and I'd like to try out this mod but GTA and Battlefield are taking up too much time as it is at the moment. Bookmarked it for now.

By the way, anyone play the Kung Fu mod for the first Max Payne? Good stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.