GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This system is better...no this one is...but what about?..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/02/01 at 14:01
Regular
A popular debate and one that will run and run and run for as long as companies bring out products.
It isn't confined to gaming systems, but seems the most obvious, especially reading the forums.

Brothers and Sisters, come together, I beseech you.

What does it matter if you think one console whips the ninnies of another?
And these "You bought (insert console name)? HAHAHA, Loser!" posts make me laugh.
There are no losers, we all win because we all get to choose the console we prefer.
So how does anyone lose?

If you have a PS2 and like it, good for you. If you have a Dreamcast and think someone's a fool for buying a PS2, so what? Play yours, let them play theirs and be happy.
Is it that difficult?

Debates still rage over which was better:
Commodore 64 or Spectrum...(for the record, Speccie wins).

If you like all the consoles, get them all,if you like none, keep your money and buy a PC.
If, like me, you don't care who makes what as long as you have one that you enjoy - Just calm down, go about your business and play the games you like.

X-Box, Gamecube /blah blah blah...it doesn't matter at all, pick the one you like, play it and don't worry about what your neighbour likes.

Thu 22/02/01 at 14:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
A popular debate and one that will run and run and run for as long as companies bring out products.
It isn't confined to gaming systems, but seems the most obvious, especially reading the forums.

Brothers and Sisters, come together, I beseech you.

What does it matter if you think one console whips the ninnies of another?
And these "You bought (insert console name)? HAHAHA, Loser!" posts make me laugh.
There are no losers, we all win because we all get to choose the console we prefer.
So how does anyone lose?

If you have a PS2 and like it, good for you. If you have a Dreamcast and think someone's a fool for buying a PS2, so what? Play yours, let them play theirs and be happy.
Is it that difficult?

Debates still rage over which was better:
Commodore 64 or Spectrum...(for the record, Speccie wins).

If you like all the consoles, get them all,if you like none, keep your money and buy a PC.
If, like me, you don't care who makes what as long as you have one that you enjoy - Just calm down, go about your business and play the games you like.

X-Box, Gamecube /blah blah blah...it doesn't matter at all, pick the one you like, play it and don't worry about what your neighbour likes.

Thu 22/02/01 at 14:06
"High polygon count"
It is tiresome, isn't it?

It's been done to death so many times that I ignore all such posts now, unless they have any redeeming points.

Shame those posts can't be banned, really!
Thu 22/02/01 at 14:36
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I do agree, and most of them go over the same ground again and again, however a few are of some merit by use of constructive argument (discussion) as opposed to "The XX is cr@p because I like the YY better!!"
A fine point of the latter is the "PS2 is Poo" thread!
Thu 22/02/01 at 19:40
I hope somebody pokes that spoon-guy in the eye!
Thu 22/02/01 at 19:53
Regular
Speccy!

SPECCY!

Commodore 64! No damn doubt about it!

:D
Fri 23/02/01 at 11:02
Come on - you mean you didn't like the rubber keys?
Mon 26/02/01 at 05:21
Yeah i know what u mean its doe's your head in but I personallly find its mainly Dc owners that go around going PS2 is cack.

Its like they are always on the 'defensive' but I can understnad why because all the best new sega games will be appearing on the PS2 as well now, its just they cant handle they have lost and should wise to the fact if they wanna play the new sega games there gonna have to buy a PS2 within the next 2 yrs.

But i personally think this a GOOD thing because Sony, Sega and Namco are joining forces to make teh PS2 a awesome machine! The next 1/2 yrs will be very exciting thats all i know!
Mon 26/02/01 at 08:35
My sentiments exactly. It's not about the hardware; it's about entertainment, regardless of how that happens for each of us. More than likely, there'll be room for a couple of systems as time goes by: I'm personally betting on the PS2 and Gamecube, though those picks have nothing to do with my own playstyle. They've a LOT to do with the market, however, and where it seems to be heading. The X-Box is technically superior to the other systems as far as I can see, but it'll have problems finding a place in the market since many of its games will be playable via PC.

And no matter how good these consoles are, none of them can compete with the power of the PC, not to mention the way it evolves so quickly - hardware and software-wise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.