GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reasons why NME is Heat magazine for indie kids"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/08/03 at 20:54
Regular
- They run stories about how celebrities turn up to certain gigs eg. "Ryan Adams spotted at Strokes gig!!!!" Wow, a musician goes to a music gig! Newsworthy!

- They have a 'Spotted' section about where they've seen the latest rock stars hanging out, because I really give a toss about what Conor from The Thrills does on his weekend.

- They have regular poster pull-outs of your favourite music celebs, especially nu-metal heroes like Linking Park, April Lav-hinge and Evarnessance!!!

- Latest Issue feature called 'Who'll be the best dressed at Reading/Leeds?' This has what to do with music?

- Send in photos of you with rock stars and win! Unfortunately, dignity isn't available as a prize!

- 'How is Chris Martin coping with fame?' Who cares?

So why do I still buy it then? Grrr.
Fri 22/08/03 at 13:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've been getting it for about 3 years

My parents got me a subscription thing a while back for my Christmas but now we're not sure how to cancel it.

I'm going to figure it out because it's getting very bad.
Fri 22/08/03 at 09:54
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
El Blokey wrote:
> - that annoying ginger kid on the bus reads it

Is his name Jack? And why the "-"?
Fri 22/08/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Q and Uncut are quite good. Both have massive reviews sections, and they always have good interviews.
Thu 21/08/03 at 23:48
Regular
"That's right!"
mikelar wrote:
> Mojo is qWality.

--------

Cheers.
Thu 21/08/03 at 23:24
Regular
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> mixmag is for 'avin it large whistle possé idiots.
>
> I used to be one y'see

Why used to be? You should stick with the music.
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Selected"
Mojo is qWality. Maybe not, but it's good.
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:25
Regular
"not dead"
I really went off the NME when the started to turn on all of the bands that they had championed.

I think they're a little too attached to the word 'New' in their name, and think they can only 'big up' the next big thing.

I said big up.

So now I don't buy it, but occasionally flick through the back section when in Tesco's to see if anyone is playing the Cambridge Quorn Exchange, or the Junction.

Alas, no one lately, only Starsailor, and I really won't go see that pap.
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:05
Regular
mixmag is for 'avin it large whistle possé idiots.

I used to be one y'see
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:01
Regular
Blank wrote:
> I don't think there are any good music magazines.

There is Mixmag though.
Thu 21/08/03 at 21:47
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I don't think there are any good music magazines.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.