GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"nothings working"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/08/03 at 20:00
Regular
well what a problem i removed my hard drive to a different computer as it grew faults. i copied some important work of to the other and then inserted it back into the original pc. then after doing this the pc doesn't work. it turns on lights flash a sinlge beep is made that is all any help
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:23
Regular
"who wrote that?"
thanks for all your help, i have tried all of the below and it doesn't work
Fri 22/08/03 at 13:19
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Does anything show on the screen at all? If so, can you see whether the BIOS is detecting the hard disk?

If nothing is showing on screen, unplug the hard disk and try again. Does anything show on the screen this time? If removing the hard disk means you can see startup info (granted it won't actually boot into Windows if Windows is on the disk :O) where you couldn't before then you've either plugged the hard disk in wrong or the disk is knackered.
Thu 21/08/03 at 23:37
Regular
Hey Self appointed Mod :), but he is right of course as i nearly didnt bother looking in this post.

If it turns on and you hear 1 beep then it sound like you may not have the graphics card plugged in properly so make sure it's pushed in the slot, or you may not have the monitor D sub cable in properly, if this fails try the old Re-seating trick on all components and then go on from there.

Colin
Thu 21/08/03 at 23:01
"Are you sure?"
Hello - Please try to remember to give your future posts a more descriptive title. This will help everyone who uses this forum.
Thanks - Mod.
Thu 21/08/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Cable wrong way round/wrong bus/wrong jumper

That kind of thing. I bet you.
Thu 21/08/03 at 20:00
Regular
"who wrote that?"
well what a problem i removed my hard drive to a different computer as it grew faults. i copied some important work of to the other and then inserted it back into the original pc. then after doing this the pc doesn't work. it turns on lights flash a sinlge beep is made that is all any help

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.