GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"80s Matchbox B-Line Disaster"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/08/03 at 13:43
Regular
I love this band. Been listening to the album over the last couple of days and it's really good. Just pure, no nonsense rawk and fun. I love it. Like a faster, heavier version of the Libertines, and more fun and a bit more gothic and more shouty/screamy. They've had a few singles out and been played on eMpTyV2 and the album is defintely worth buying.
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Grrrr *shakes fist* I hate Zane Lowe!!! He's such an ass-licking tosspot! It kinda sums up MTV2s values when he asks questions like "What is your favourite cheese?" - they have none! If they had any passion for music that was beyond the conventional, then they'd show some of the really good videos that I know they do have stored there.
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:19
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Totally agree with you. The only time they play anything remotely alternative is on a section called 120 minutes, which is on at 1 in the morning on Saturday. Bit stupid, that.

Oh, and don't get me started on Zane Lowe. I remember when he asked Josh Homme from Queens of the stone age what his favourite cheese was. "It makes you think doesn't it" Zane says, then Josh follows up with "Yeah, it makes me think what the HELL am I doing here!". Josh Homme rules.
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That's why it should be renamed "eMpTyV2". Hundreds of naive, "alternative" teenagers duped into thinking that Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park are credible rock and music acts, whilst actively dressing like characters from C5's "The Tribe".
Sat 30/08/03 at 22:35
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
I've heard just the one track of theirs on MTV2. It was called chicken, and had a mad video, it also rocked. That band gleam the cube with some crazy sickness.

MTV2 really does my head in though, they call themselves alternative, then stick on some Limp Bizkit for the millions of little rock kids, the cads!
Sat 30/08/03 at 18:24
Thanking you,
Sat 30/08/03 at 18:23
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Excellent use of the word Bender, there.
Sat 30/08/03 at 18:20
We met the lead singer walking down the path at Reading. He was a total gimp, stuck up knob. We only asked if he was in the band, well my mate asked if he was the guy out the Libertines which peed him off a bit. So we talked and he said he was going to meet some friends, then he ran off, too fast for us to shoot him with our super soaker. Bender.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Wrong thread mayhaps... :S

Anyway, what I MEANT to say before I forgot what I was doing was...

I saw them at Reading. Quite good. Some of their first few songs had the whole rockabilly thing going, later on in the set they went more straight up rock and roll stylee. I quite enjoyed it anyhoo.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Warsawpack - Hybrid
Thu 21/08/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I love this band. Been listening to the album over the last couple of days and it's really good. Just pure, no nonsense rawk and fun. I love it. Like a faster, heavier version of the Libertines, and more fun and a bit more gothic and more shouty/screamy. They've had a few singles out and been played on eMpTyV2 and the album is defintely worth buying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.