GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reinstall Half Life 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life 2'.
Tue 28/06/05 at 22:03
Regular
I recently got a new pc and I networked it to my old pc which had half life 2 already installed on it. I copied my steam folder across, and can polay agems such as DoD and HL2 deathmatch, but i cant play HL2. I put in the HL2 disk and tried to install, i thought i had got it sorted but i was prompted to install a huge file thats going to take 150 mins at 1.3MB/s. I dont mind the download time, its just i need to watch my limit, which is 15 gig a month. Any help or advice would be great!
Sat 02/07/05 at 20:56
Regular
Did it work?
Wed 29/06/05 at 13:48
Regular
I wouldn't know anything about decent graphics - I'm running it on a 5 year old Geforce 2 card. I whacked the textures upto high and hoped for the best.
Wed 29/06/05 at 12:27
Regular
Yeah, thats what im doing now, its nearly the end of the month so i guess the limit doesnt matter much anyway. Its annoying, but the improved graphics make it all worth while :)
Wed 29/06/05 at 09:15
Regular
You should have installed HL2 on the networked PC first and then transfered the files over. Thats my guess. Or you should have clicked on the 'Backup my Steam Files' button and tried it that way. Your best bet is to uninstall HL2 and delete your steam folder and try it again by sending it over the network after installing HL2.
Tue 28/06/05 at 22:03
Regular
I recently got a new pc and I networked it to my old pc which had half life 2 already installed on it. I copied my steam folder across, and can polay agems such as DoD and HL2 deathmatch, but i cant play HL2. I put in the HL2 disk and tried to install, i thought i had got it sorted but i was prompted to install a huge file thats going to take 150 mins at 1.3MB/s. I dont mind the download time, its just i need to watch my limit, which is 15 gig a month. Any help or advice would be great!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.