GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Economics Type People - Help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/08/03 at 18:20
Regular
Okay, any of you clever clever people know a site which has any kind of accurate financial information on revenues generated by online businesses in the UK, USA, or worldwide, and which has those figures going back a few years ? Also, if they have the same but only for adult online businesses. Also same kind of information for stuff like video games, PC's , home entertainment systems etc

Tried google but I'm having trouble finding anything other than adverts to buy the above goods...as well as all the dodgy sites as well.

Anyone ?
Mon 25/08/03 at 00:05
Regular
If your good with your maths too I'd defintely recommend doing Economics as an alternative or compliment to business(i'm doing a degree in it) So many people are walking around with business qualifications these days its just like being a small fish in a huge pond.
Sun 24/08/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Kyz - best way to find out is to contact the college or wherever first thing Tuesday as it will vary from place to place. Wouldn't just change on a whim though, can be a long two years, and if you don't like something you may do badly in it, which can impact university chances.
Sun 24/08/03 at 20:49
Regular
Thanks Ortega, luckily my Uni seems pretty clued up with internet researching, they have accounts with just about everyone and we can get access to stuff like that site you mention from any PC connected to the internet.
Sun 24/08/03 at 11:28
Regular
"118 118"
I should have taken economics, got me A* for business - is it too late to change subjects for A level?
Sat 23/08/03 at 02:03
Regular
Thats a good site.

I just remembered one i used @ uni. www.mintel.com

All the reports were available @ uni but you have to pay for them from your own computer.
Fri 22/08/03 at 15:47
Regular
http://www.nua.ie

Found them through Google, seems to collate tons and tons of online related data and they're sourced from official sources and the companies themselves.
Wed 20/08/03 at 01:39
Regular
For individual companies you could check with Companies House.
They hold details of finances for all ltd companies.
Wed 20/08/03 at 00:22
Regular
you mean the whole online industry? Or just individual companies?

If jsut for individual companies sign up with a online stock broker and they give you access to balance sheets and profit & loss for any company listed on the stock exchange.

I'm signed up with www.imiweb.co.uk

Or just go to reutuers.co.uk
Tue 19/08/03 at 19:11
Regular
Off the top of my head:
statistics.gov.uk

But I tried to get some simple stuff on speed camera use during my diss, and found the relevant content to be very limited, so don't be surprised if it's not much help.
Worth checking though?
Tue 19/08/03 at 18:20
Regular
Okay, any of you clever clever people know a site which has any kind of accurate financial information on revenues generated by online businesses in the UK, USA, or worldwide, and which has those figures going back a few years ? Also, if they have the same but only for adult online businesses. Also same kind of information for stuff like video games, PC's , home entertainment systems etc

Tried google but I'm having trouble finding anything other than adverts to buy the above goods...as well as all the dodgy sites as well.

Anyone ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.