GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N-Cage thingy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/08/03 at 18:00
Regular
Is anyone actually getting one?

For £230 I could buy a brand new PS2 and an Xbox for that!
Wed 20/08/03 at 08:42
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
A mobile phone/gameboy...

I'm sorry to judge because I haven't actually played it, but I think that is going to be so remarkably stupid even if it has Lara Croft's breasts in 3D and all that MP3 crap.

And the controls will be crap too...

"Press 1 to make Lara jump, 2 to make her shoot, and 7 and 3 at the same time to perform a CoMbO!"

It will be like playing Twister....but with your fingers. The most unsexy game of Twister you will ever play with a half naked woman named Lara, if ever.

Bah
Wed 20/08/03 at 08:12
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
AJ you miss quoted me. Yes I only played Moto GP which was great but I didn't say the rest definitely would be great only that there's no reason for them not to be. I haven't played them but then I didn't claim that I had, I was only a hypocrit because of your little miss quote.

As for it being hard to find two button directly diagonal to each other and a 5 way directional button on the left is hardly challenging compared to finding 5 buttons that are all much smaller all in one place.
Tue 19/08/03 at 23:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cubist wrote:
> Something reminicent of a Nokia press confrence.

How long has it been since Nokia bought you?
Tue 19/08/03 at 23:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
With which I'd buy a large assortment of games. Well, three of them.

Still...
Tue 19/08/03 at 23:20
Regular
Well i agree with AJ, the graphics will be pretty poor aswell as the buttin config.
Tue 19/08/03 at 23:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I'll stick with GBA and a normal mobile, thank you very much.

And the extra 100£
Tue 19/08/03 at 23:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Cubist wrote:
> For one the size of the
> screen on the SP compared to the N-Gage is relatively the same except
> the N-Gage has some well placed, reasonably sized controls at either
> side instead of some fiddly little ones.

---

Erm, sorry to burst your bubble, but trying to locate two gameplay buttons in a large field of them (5 and 7 as gaming buttons while the rest aren't... heh) doesn't seem too well-placed at all.

---

> As for the games themselves
> Red Faction, Tomb Raider, Moto GP etc are brilliant on home consoles
> so there is no reason for them to be bad on the N-Gage.

---

"I only played Moto GP" you said at some other point in this post. So how do you know Red Faction and Tomb Raider are going to be as good as they were on the home consoles having not played them. You then later stated in this post "How can you all judge something having not played it?" - about as ironic as it gets.

---

> The fact that it has polyphonic ringtones,
> 3D colour graphics, MMS messaging, MP3 player, Radio and more means
> you'll be very hard pushed to find anything that good all in one.

---

I'm wanting a games console. Aside from the graphics, I'm wanting none of these things.

I'll stick with GBA and a normal mobile, thank you very much.
Tue 19/08/03 at 23:10
Regular
Cubist wrote:
Maybe you should all play it first and learn about it on
> the website www.n-gage.com before you judge it which many of you have
> obviously not done.
How about no.
I already have a mobile, which is colour,polyphonic etc. I've got a GBA and I can burn MP3s onto CDs.
Why would I want to spend £230 to buy all that again when I could buy..

15(ish) DVDs
or
A PS2 AND an XBox
or
A 25" widescreen TV
or
Fully upgrade my PC
or
6(ish) games for my PS2 or Gamecube.
or
A tonne of clothes!

If I'm gonna get a new handheld console, it'll be a PSP.
Tue 19/08/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
The Nokia N-Gage mobile phone/portable games console is better than the Nintendo Gameboy SP in oh so many ways. For one the size of the screen on the SP compared to the N-Gage is relatively the same except the N-Gage has some well placed, reasonably sized controls at either side instead of some fiddly little ones. As for the games themselves Red Faction, Tomb Raider, Moto GP etc are brilliant on home consoles so there is no reason for them to be bad on the N-Gage. Not to mention the fact that they don't use cartridges on the N-Gage meaning you can carry a lot more. The fact that it has polyphonic ringtones, 3D colour graphics, MMS messaging, MP3 player, Radio and more means you'll be very hard pushed to find anything that good all in one.

P.s. I have played the N-Gage for about 5 days at a festival (check my review of it if you want) and it has brilliant game play that kept me entertained for 5 days not 15 minutes (and I only played Moto GP each day). Maybe you should all play it first and learn about it on the website www.n-gage.com before you judge it which many of you have obviously not done.
Tue 19/08/03 at 21:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
britney baby wrote:
> so its not so bulky to keep in your pocket! they have a better 'cool'
> factor and whats wrong with someone trying something new once in a
> while!

---

Bulky? The GBA SP is much smaller than this, and if you have a small phone in your other pocket I think you'll find the N-Gage looks remarkably large.

You can get a top Nokia phone and a silver GBA SP and still look 'cool', as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.