GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/08/03 at 14:56
Regular
Can i put a form on my site for people to sign up to get a @funrunner.co.uk without me having to sign into to freeola and sign them up for myself?

Also what can i do about them reading these emails?
Thu 21/08/03 at 18:20
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You can check your Freeola email without dialing up. It's only the webspace you can't access.
Thu 21/08/03 at 17:26
Regular
can freeola email re-direct help? All my Freeola email re-direct to Hotmail so that I can check my email without connect to Freeola.
Tue 19/08/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Using PHPBB and a few mods...
Tue 19/08/03 at 20:05
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
ok then :-(

how are you going to do your member section phi1
Tue 19/08/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Pretty much.

You'll probably violate Freeola terms and conditions though.
Tue 19/08/03 at 19:28
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
not really i woz just wondering if i could get it set up then what facilities could i offer them? something like hotmail would have been 1 on the list.

So if i do have a members section and people have email addresses there is no way around it i will have to key all the members in as they sign up?
Tue 19/08/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
He wants something like a Hotmail thing.

I think.
Tue 19/08/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
This is certainly possible but definitely not advisable.
Tue 19/08/03 at 18:09
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Your chances of this are slim to none.

It would be possible to code what you want in PHP, but Freeola (and the other host I expect) will not allow you to do this as it could have security issues.

For Freeola, the only way is to set up the E-mail Address yourself through the control panel. But then this may also be a security risk, as you would need to give the peron using the new address the ID for that E-mail address, and that ID includes your main Freeol Account ID.

You could avoid this, by only allowing a forwarding E-mail address service. In that you set up [email protected] for them, and have that forward to their existing E-mail Address.
Tue 19/08/03 at 17:43
Regular
"bing bang bong"
What you're asking to do is difficult if not impossible. Learn to walk in technologies like PHP before you attempt moon landings like this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.