GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminator Salvation 360 Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Terminator Salvation'.
Tue 02/06/09 at 10:44
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Like most people I loved the Terminator films and was eagerly anticipating being able to finally play a decent Terminator game which half lived up to the movies as all of them have been very poor so far. Unfortunately this game follows the same trend.

It amazes me that a game as good as Gears of War is based on ideas alone - no movie / book, etc.
I obviously haven't seen the Salvation film yet but can't believe it will be as bad as this.

The game is repetitive and full of glitches. For example on one of the levels you are somehow meleed whilst in cover yet the nearest machine is at least 20 metres away.

Most of the levels feel the same, shooting and destroying the same enemies (there are only 4 different types, mostly those stupid flying robots). It's just plain boring in my opinion.

The graphics aren't bad, then again they shouldn't be, but I've seen a lot better on the Xbox.

You get 720G just for playing through the game, 100G for completing on Medium difficulty and 180G for completing on hard. Hard doesn't have to be unlocked by completing on a lower difficuly so you can start straight off on Hard. It's a reasonably easy 1000G but Hard mode can be very frustrating at times, especially with the glitches.

There's no online or multiplayer game mode, only local split screen co-op so the game has no replay value once you've been through the game.

Overall a massive disappointment.
I wouldn't recommend this game to anybody.
Wed 03/06/09 at 11:39
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I was bored at work and thought that there wasnt much content for these games so I thought Id help out. I will actually get round to reviewing some CDs, Games and Films soon I could do with the G.A.Ds.
Tue 02/06/09 at 16:48
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Yeah must admit, when I read this review at the Original Source, it made me chuckle too :)

But yeah, hope everything is going well Jubba!
Tue 02/06/09 at 16:43
Regular
Alrite there Martin!

I haven't really got any comments about your review (apart from the last line made me chuckle). Just wanted to say hello really.

Hope everything's going well...
Tue 02/06/09 at 10:44
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Like most people I loved the Terminator films and was eagerly anticipating being able to finally play a decent Terminator game which half lived up to the movies as all of them have been very poor so far. Unfortunately this game follows the same trend.

It amazes me that a game as good as Gears of War is based on ideas alone - no movie / book, etc.
I obviously haven't seen the Salvation film yet but can't believe it will be as bad as this.

The game is repetitive and full of glitches. For example on one of the levels you are somehow meleed whilst in cover yet the nearest machine is at least 20 metres away.

Most of the levels feel the same, shooting and destroying the same enemies (there are only 4 different types, mostly those stupid flying robots). It's just plain boring in my opinion.

The graphics aren't bad, then again they shouldn't be, but I've seen a lot better on the Xbox.

You get 720G just for playing through the game, 100G for completing on Medium difficulty and 180G for completing on hard. Hard doesn't have to be unlocked by completing on a lower difficuly so you can start straight off on Hard. It's a reasonably easy 1000G but Hard mode can be very frustrating at times, especially with the glitches.

There's no online or multiplayer game mode, only local split screen co-op so the game has no replay value once you've been through the game.

Overall a massive disappointment.
I wouldn't recommend this game to anybody.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.