GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wi fi"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/07/05 at 16:08
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Can someone explain how wi-fi works in planned English and how I can use it on my new DS?
Fri 15/07/05 at 10:07
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
it kinda defies it being portable though dont ya think, but its good for the revolution
Thu 14/07/05 at 13:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=8000[/URL] This may be of interest to ya..
Thu 14/07/05 at 13:22
Regular
Most Wi-fi hotspots in the UK will NOT work with the Nintendo DS or Sony PSP. Most hotspots require you to point a browser at a webpage to fill in a coupon code and run a timer java app to control how long you are online, neither of which are available to use on the DS or PSP.

If you have broadband you can buy a wireless router to give yourself a wireless etwork at home, this will allow you to link up your wireless devices to it. This will include the DS, PSP, PS3, xbox 360 and the Revolution.

The problem is that the PSP and the DS only support WEP encyption, so unless they are updated to a more secure and less hackable encryption such as WPA, then your network is at the mercy of the people living close to you. Unscrupulous types can hack your network and use your internet connection, so lets hope Ninty and Sony get their acts together and release firmware updates for the DS and PSP, if they support WPA in hardware, or we're all screwed for a long time to come. Unless you want to manually manage the allowed MAC address access to the router.
Tue 12/07/05 at 17:23
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
i heard theres a nintendo bus touring the UK that has a download thingy for your ds to try out mario-kart, might juts be a rumour though
Mon 11/07/05 at 18:11
"possibly impossible"
and eventually downloading demos of new games when you pass wifi centres or some shops. Currently being done in Japan...
Mon 11/07/05 at 17:58
Regular
"\\"
Sharing carts for some multiplayer games.
Mon 11/07/05 at 17:54
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> How could that possibly work?

Sorry I am being thick again. I didn't mean down load DS games to the DS. When you turn the DS on it says "download game", I was just wondering what thats for?
Mon 11/07/05 at 17:37
"period drama"
How could that possibly work?
Mon 11/07/05 at 17:25
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Rai wrote:
> Apparantly you'll be able to download NES, SNES and N64 games onto the
> Revolution. There might be a 'small fee' however.

But what about the DS down loads?
Thu 07/07/05 at 16:33
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Apparantly you'll be able to download NES, SNES and N64 games onto the Revolution. There might be a 'small fee' however.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.