GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do I contact Ebay to complain about a buyer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/08/03 at 18:00
Regular
Yo biznitch's.

I've got some fag ass buyer on EBay trying to rip me off. Basically he
e-mailed me to ask if I'd end my auction early for a set amount, I agreed and told him to place a bid on my auction and then I'd end it early.

So he came along and placed his bid, then 7 hrs later I ended the auction. Thing is, in this time some gump had come along and placed a few bids (which were lower than his) on the auction.

So he sent me a cheque for the price the auction went for (which was lower than what originally he offered me) and he's saying he won't pay the rest because it looks like I was holding on that extra 7 hours to see if I could get more money.

He's now threatning to report me to Ebay for not selling him the game. God some people, I wish he lived near me because I'd go round his house and smack him in the jaw.

Stupid thing though is I think he's gonna get away with this, I doubt Ebay will do anything because they're only responsible for what goes on, on the site.

So anyone know the address or link to use when reporting a buyer?
Tue 19/08/03 at 10:28
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
You say you ended it 7 hours later. Was the 7 hours later the first time you'd read the E-Mail and therefore had th4e first chance to actually end the auction?
Tue 19/08/03 at 10:01
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Screw it, I'll send him the game.
>
> I'll make sure to have a big fat spank tonight though and smear my
> man milk all over the disk.

Grin...so...big...head...falls...in half!
Tue 19/08/03 at 09:59
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I've occasionally sold items early but only when offered a stupid amount to do so, and outside of eBay. When I sold Brute Force someone wanted to end it for £33 - considering the eBay price at the time was about £20-£25 I did so like a shot, and I sold Enter The Matrix for £40 to someone !
Tue 19/08/03 at 00:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I dont close auctions early.

Although ive only been asked to do it once, some punk kid asked if i would close my mario tennis auction early for £12, i said no, it went on to sell for £22.70
Mon 18/08/03 at 21:58
Regular
Time_Warpia wrote:
> I had a problem like this once, but it was for a poster which was
> under £5 so i wasnt that bothered and Ebay wouldnt do anything
> cos it wasnt much money. Ah well.

sam?
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:42
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
I had a problem like this once, but it was for a poster which was under £5 so i wasnt that bothered and Ebay wouldnt do anything cos it wasnt much money. Ah well.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:34
Regular
"Festivus!"
Or make it bitter sweet - send the game, but fill the whole case with vaseline.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:30
Regular
Screw it, I'll send him the game.

I'll make sure to have a big fat spank tonight though and smear my man milk all over the disk.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Basically Tiltawhirl, it comes down to this, from what you've said.

What was the price that the buyer said he wanted to pay for you to end the auction early ?

What was the price the auction was at when you ended it as him the winner ?

IF the price it was at when you ended it was lower than what he said in an email to you then he's got you good, if he contacts eBay to say you won't sell the item, eBay just looks at the price it sold for, and won't be interested what you've decided via emails because it counts as trading outside of eBay and/or fee avoidance if you were going to sell it to the buyer at a higher amount than what the auction ended at. Even if you had a personal agreement with him then eBay doesn't care about that.

If on the other hand the price he will not pay is the price the auction was at when it finished with him as the winner then you have him, and can report him to eBay, who will just tell you to follow the Non Paying Bidder process, whereby the moment you do so he probably leaves you an unjust negative feedback. If this is the situation best thing to do is cut your losses and send him the cheque/payment back.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:11
Regular
"Festivus!"
Alternatively, smack this bizatch upside the head.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.