GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AAARRRGGGGHHH !!!!! NOT MINE ASWELL !!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/02/01 at 11:56
Regular
Just when i thought my PS2 was one of the good ones, it goes and chews up my Tekken Tag !!!

Big circular scratches all around the disc. Is there no end to the prolonged teething troubles? Of course there is.

I phoned SCE UK yesterday with my complaint, and they said they would swap my malfunctioning PS2 this morning, and true to their word, it arrived at 9.15am this morning. Not only is a new PS2, but it is a version with a revised loading system, and it also has a new style LASER PICK-UP MECHANISM. Aparently the original mechanism raised to high into the DVD drawer, so that is what has been causing the scratching. So all's well that end's well, or is it?

My only concern is for all the other gamers out there that this could happen to. Considering that i got my machine just after launch, and i have played it almost non stop since, how many consoles will last past the warranty period, only then to come to a grinding halt, literally! The last thing any of us need is a cannibal console without a warranty.

My advice to you all is to keep all the PS2 packaging safe, you never know when you may need it.
Wed 21/02/01 at 11:56
Just when i thought my PS2 was one of the good ones, it goes and chews up my Tekken Tag !!!

Big circular scratches all around the disc. Is there no end to the prolonged teething troubles? Of course there is.

I phoned SCE UK yesterday with my complaint, and they said they would swap my malfunctioning PS2 this morning, and true to their word, it arrived at 9.15am this morning. Not only is a new PS2, but it is a version with a revised loading system, and it also has a new style LASER PICK-UP MECHANISM. Aparently the original mechanism raised to high into the DVD drawer, so that is what has been causing the scratching. So all's well that end's well, or is it?

My only concern is for all the other gamers out there that this could happen to. Considering that i got my machine just after launch, and i have played it almost non stop since, how many consoles will last past the warranty period, only then to come to a grinding halt, literally! The last thing any of us need is a cannibal console without a warranty.

My advice to you all is to keep all the PS2 packaging safe, you never know when you may need it.
Wed 21/02/01 at 12:03
I heard that only about 5% of the original PS2s function properly, I think Ill wait until Sony gets a grip of themselves before I buy one. Besides which alot of companies are holding back their releases until Sony sell enough PS2s, as the PS2 shortages over christmas now means their arent alot of people to buy games!
Wed 21/02/01 at 12:17
"High polygon count"
Sorry to hear the Kieran - but I'm glad Sony now seem to be on top of the replacement scheme.

A friend bought a PS2 on Saturday, but he didn't try it out until Sunday. It died when he turned it on, so he called Sony on Monday who said they'd have one to him on Tuesday. And it arrived by courier at 8:50 yesterday morning.

After his initial disappointment, he was suitably impressed.
Wed 21/02/01 at 12:28
Regular
"not dead"
New Jimmy wrote:
> I heard that only about 5% of the original PS2s function properly,

I think (therefore I am) that it may have been that 5% didn't function properly, rather than only 5% that did.
Wed 21/02/01 at 17:07
Regular
I am beginning to wonder...
Wed 21/02/01 at 19:09
I feel soooo sorry for you all.

I know how it feels to have a PS2 problem... :(
Wed 21/02/01 at 23:05
Regular
"Touched!"
kieran , how can u tell if your ps2 has the new version and mechansim?..its just cos my ps2 that i have keeps crashing and i called sony today and i will get my new one on friday

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.