GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony psp compatibility"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/07/05 at 20:20
Regular
im hoping to buy a psp when i go to america in october as its a hell of a lot cheaper. basically when i bring it back can i buy games in england and play them on it. if any one else is considering this by october you can pick them up for as little as 90 quid.
Fri 05/08/05 at 17:57
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Digimod wrote:
> We are not getting the PSP's in Europe till October

where you been sleeping the last 6 months? 1st of september- MUFFIN
Fri 05/08/05 at 17:21
Regular
Theyre out Sept 1st, you muppet.
Fri 05/08/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Xbox 360 Rules"
We are not getting the PSP's in Europe till October
Wed 03/08/05 at 20:02
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Yeah they do, What games are you getting with it?
Wed 03/08/05 at 19:53
Regular
"fizzle mi nizzle"
im geting my psp in a few days off the an importing sites and i was wondering do japenese and uk games work on an american psp
Tue 05/07/05 at 17:40
Regular
"Mozzy"
I bet thats why the Europeans are getting it so late, because Sony want to be stubbun(sp?) gits and ruin everything for us importers.

If you can play UK games I wont give a monkeys because the game will probably be cheaper to import anyway and im not planning on linking up with anybody, I never did with any of my Gameboys.
Tue 05/07/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Me and my mate have a Jap and US PSP. We tried playing around with a Jap and US Ridge Racer using wi-fi and had no problems at all. But thats not to say Sony wont change the UK ones.
Tue 05/07/05 at 08:53
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Bullett wrote:
> Obviously that won't be confirmed until UK release, but I'd imagine it
> should - the DS works inter-region via wireless. Mine is a US one, and
> I've played wi-fi multiplayer with UK and Jap ones.

Put it this way, if a US PSP running a US version of Ridge Racer won't link up with a US or JAP PSP running a JAP version of Ridge Racer (which it won't) don't expect people who've imported thier PSP games from the US to be able to hook up with people who've bought thiers in Europe. The PSPs are certainly region free for games, but amazingly it still looks like Sony are trying to keep regionality by ensuring a game from one region won't link up with a game from another region.
Tue 05/07/05 at 06:52
Regular
Obviously that won't be confirmed until UK release, but I'd imagine it should - the DS works inter-region via wireless. Mine is a US one, and I've played wi-fi multiplayer with UK and Jap ones.

The only thing that could stop that would be Sony throwing one of their little tantrums and ruining the party for everyone else.
Tue 05/07/05 at 06:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Nobody seems to know if a UK PSP will be able to link up with imported PSPs either, so bear that in mind too if you're thinking of using your PSP for Wi-Fi multiplayer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.