GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"how old were u when....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/07/05 at 11:33
Regular
"youngest regular"
u first played a console?
i was four and i played the sega.
i played this sonic game(sighs)i could never get past the first jump.
i also played this game that this cow was in and u played as a pink superhero.
does anybody know what that was called?
oh and tell me about urs.
Wed 06/07/05 at 18:38
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
I first played a console when I was about 13 we got an atari. 1980 I think. we had pong.
Wed 06/07/05 at 12:44
Regular
"youngest regular"
hey,i actually made a good topic,yes.
after the character wars i was down.
i mean i didnt come on for a week.
;)
Wed 06/07/05 at 10:38
Regular
"youngest regular"
i remember we had the sega,and we sold it to buy a ps1.

i was so sad cos i hadnt got a chance to play through sonic.:(

my brother had this really old one in his room.
i was 5 when i found out,and i snuck in and played.(thank god he always left it on for some reason.)he caught me and after that he always plugged out the controller.i went in so many times and pressed startat the title,and it didnt work.(sighs)i had to content myself with watching him.
Wed 06/07/05 at 07:40
Regular
To answer the original post's qustion - the game you are thinking of is Earthworm Jim. I used to love that game.

My earliest gaming experience? I can't remember how old I was, but the earliest games I remember playing were:

Manic Miner
Wonderboy
Kickstart
Dizzy
Gauntlet
Some other game, side-scrolling, Wonderboy-style but I think the main character was a girl (or long-haired guy) and you could go underground by clearing the floor blocks etc. It was a preodminantly dark-coloured game, with yellow/whitish floor blocks. I know that's incredibly vague, but I'll never remember any more than that, and it's a shame because I really want to see that game again.

Good times, really good times...
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:48
Regular
"8==="
I started off with a BBC Master. Repton games, play it again sam collections etc.
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:46
Regular
I had a C64 with all the Dizzy games and a load of other rathher crappy games. I never even came close to completing any of the Dizzy's, stupid little eggman kept frying himself on the torches.
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:40
Regular
"8==="
"your name here" wrote:
>
> I idolised my mates Amiga with worms and a crappy bike racing game,
> all we got was an Acorn(RIP) with 2mb RAM!!
>

Worms? We had BattleTanx mate! Not to mention all the best PC and amiga games were ported over and then we had quality exclusives like Chocks Away and Stunt Racer 2000.

Plus you had the best OS and games with pretty much no copy protection, I think for every legit game I had I had at least 10 copied ones and of course schools were full of them which meant parents got them for thier kids and games were traded and copied en masse. Then there was the public domain and a system that actually let programmers do a lot of cool things very easily so we were spoilt for choice for games, humourous stuff and cool little demo thingies

A golden age of green acorns.
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:31
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Never happens with modern games.

Yeah, games in general are easier than they used to be. You get the occasional exception though, Driv3r seriously tested my patience with one of it's missions.
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:27
Regular
"your name here" wrote:

> got that with batman, another bloody difficult game.

As did I. Hard hard hard game, those were the days where you would actually play the same level around 100 times. Never happens with modern games.
Tue 05/07/05 at 21:44
"Tesco value"
got a spectrum when I was 10 or 11 I think, tape-loader 128k!

back 2 skool[sic] rocked so much, especially as you could name all the teachers and keep sitting on the school nerd so he feel off his seat and never managed to finish his telling the teacher that I punched him.
seriouly great game needs a remake, lets hope bully from Rockstar can copy a few ideas.

also Chaos a game about wizards and spells was brillant
Rupert the bear had my mother in tears of laughter, she could never jump onto the platforms.

other than that, remember getting an old school game boy (big chunky original) and thinking how powerfull it seemed as the logo came up, got that with batman, another bloody difficult game.

I idolised my mates Amiga with worms and a crappy bike racing game, all we got was an Acorn(RIP) with 2mb RAM!!

those were the days, nothing beat 4 up on Goldeneye during rainy days or arguing over shortcuts in mario kart 64

who had rich enough parents who bought them a sega gamegear? swallowed batteries like no-ones buisiness yet no one complained about the poor battery life worth it for mortal kombat though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.