GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phone Booth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/08/03 at 20:43
Regular
Anyone seen this or have the DVD?
Any good? Considering the purchase alongside 24 Series 1 and 2 but would like some comments/opinions on the film. I did look back three pages but no sign of any topics.
Cheers guys!
Thu 14/08/03 at 20:02
Regular
Sad tart.
Thu 14/08/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Party Hard"
SmokedKipper wrote:
> Nebuchan wrote:
> I've been told it was very very very very very very very very very
> very very very very very very very very very boring.
>
> You've been told wrong. It's excellent.

Well this was the same person who told me The Usual Suspects was crap, so I'll give it a go.

That'll be me rental for next week.
Thu 14/08/03 at 07:38
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I thought it was brilliant.
Wed 13/08/03 at 23:51
Regular
"cachoo"
I thought it was Ok. But that's it. It's definately not a "watch more than once" film. Definately not.

Boring most of the way through. And.. just boring. Good. But boring. That DOES make sense.

Only good for the.. acting. And whassis face.
Wed 13/08/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Nebuchan wrote:
> I've been told it was very very very very very very very very very
> very very very very very very very very very boring.

You've been told wrong. It's excellent.

> To be honest with you, I think there have to be better films out
> there at the mo?

At the cinema or to buy? And how do you know that having not even seen it? I consider it one of the best films I've seen in the past few years (and I see most of what my local UGC show). The DVD even comes with an offer to get a free O2 Pay As You Go SIM card so you don't have to risk your life by using a public phone - assuming you have or can afford an unconnected mobile.
Wed 13/08/03 at 21:42
To be honest slow and "on the edge of your seat" films I find very good, thought 'Liberty Stands Still' was slow but very intriguing.
Just asked my mate and she said it was good, so I got it... Pending despatch along with 24 whoohoo!
Wed 13/08/03 at 21:12
Regular
"Party Hard"
I've been told it was very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very boring.

To be honest with you, I think there have to be better films out there at the mo?
Wed 13/08/03 at 21:09
No many extras, just a "Making of" but thats about it I think...
Just went on Blockbuster and it was voted 50/50 percentage wise for very good and good, no votes for bad etc. So should be a good buy.
Wed 13/08/03 at 20:51
Regular
"118 118"
It's bloody good.

Entirely original concept, excellently acted and directed. Great storyline and good ending. Only bad thing is the film is quite short, about 80 minutes. Dunno about the dvd, I am sure it makes up for it by having a load of great extras but the film itself is great.
Wed 13/08/03 at 20:43
Anyone seen this or have the DVD?
Any good? Considering the purchase alongside 24 Series 1 and 2 but would like some comments/opinions on the film. I did look back three pages but no sign of any topics.
Cheers guys!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.