GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOE Infantry, Sony = PWNED"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/07/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Unretired"
Dunno if anyone here has ever heard of the game, but it's a 2d shooter/rpg that's great for 56k'ers and now run by Sony.

Some guys have managed to get all the old Harmless Games software that is not owned by Sony, and have hosted the game for free!

It's here: http://kickme.to/infinity-zone and unlike Sonys version, it is free and has better zones!

Some of the SOE staff are getting a little scared by the prospect of Infantry losing it's paying members, so are claiming that the free client has a virus.
I scanned it with the latest AVG and a McAfee and it's bullsh!7, it has no viruses/keyloggers/spyware.

My alias on the game: Fuzzt
Tue 12/07/05 at 17:09
Regular
"Unretired"
The new server is now receiving DDoS attacks from Sony, nice to see them handle the situation professionally...
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:00
Regular
"8==="
Sony are complete ****wits when it comes to gaming.

It's 'style over content' all the bloody time. :D
Mon 11/07/05 at 21:29
Regular
"Unretired"
You ever played infantry? Or do you just bear a grudge against Sony online?

SOE took control of Infantry many years ago, then started charging a subscription fee but offered hardly any decent updates to justify it, and even screwed up some of the zones.

It's actually really addictive for a 2d game, got lots of nice features.
You can drive tanks, buy new armor/weapons, use different classes like Medic, Man turrets, mine/build/kill, play as alien races, use stealth as an assassin, fly jet packs, ride hoverboards, play hockey and you get the idea.

Nothing too great compared to other games these days, but I've been playing it since 1998, and there was nothing better back then.
Mon 11/07/05 at 01:16
Regular
"8==="
Pop.

Simply because I like this thread.
Tue 05/07/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Unretired"
Dunno if anyone here has ever heard of the game, but it's a 2d shooter/rpg that's great for 56k'ers and now run by Sony.

Some guys have managed to get all the old Harmless Games software that is not owned by Sony, and have hosted the game for free!

It's here: http://kickme.to/infinity-zone and unlike Sonys version, it is free and has better zones!

Some of the SOE staff are getting a little scared by the prospect of Infantry losing it's paying members, so are claiming that the free client has a virus.
I scanned it with the latest AVG and a McAfee and it's bullsh!7, it has no viruses/keyloggers/spyware.

My alias on the game: Fuzzt

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.