GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Leeds United - Going Down!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/08/03 at 12:34
Regular
Last season, West Ham were everyone's favourites for the drop-down to Division 1, as they struggled to win even a handful of games before the dreaded date of December 25th, rooted to the bottom of the league.

Prior to the season's big kick-off with their game away to Man United, West Brom were everyone's instant favourites for the drop as they entered Premiership football for the very-first time - and then left it again, after putting up a fair-fight for survival.

If you're gonna look towards this coming-season's candidates for the drop, Portsmouth and Wolves are instantly gonna be the first names on your list. But, after some of the 'impressive' transfers Harry Redknapp and Wolves appear to have made, they do appear to have a decent-chance, at such an early stage...

On the top of my list, however, you'll find Leeds United, who, to be fair, appear to just keep on sinking, lower-and-lower, in their 'Life-after-O'Leary'.

So-many pre-season games played, and not a single win within even one of them! Burnley, Bristol City (then again, they're not so-bad! ;D ), a few others and now even Shelbourne - an IRISH side - and I can't see it getting any better for them come Saturday afternoon in a game with Sir Bobby Robson's 'uprising' Newcastle United.

Losing Jonothan Woodgate, Lee Bowyer, Robbie Fowler, Robbie Keane, Harry Kewell... - and the list goes on! - can't have helped their downward-slide, especially now that Mark Viduka could be next on the leavers' list.
And as for replacements... Well, there's hardly much for any Leeds fan to smile-about (...not that Northerners do that kind of thing, anyway!), with nothing but the free-transfer of a second-string Chelsea player (Jody Morris), and loan-signings of Frenchman who haven't really "shone" in the European game for some-time.

Didier Domi certainly had his moments during his time at St. James Park, but do Patrice Sakho and some-bloke-called-"Camara" really make up for the loss of some of England and Australia's finest young talents?!?

Peter Reid's best-bet for survival is to breed new, young-players into the first-team - which made O'Leary an instant-hit all those years ago.
Simon Johnson and Indian Harpal Singh are obvious choices, but monkey-eared "Reidy" still needs to find some more, somewhere.

Jody Morris may not be all-that-bad, but when you 'only' sign new players on-loan, you never quite have full-control of him, with PSG or Marseille still holding his registration and the right to suddenly call-them-back, whenever they feel like, cup-tie him up, and whatever, really!

Youth is the key, here, now the club appears to have no money.
But a team of youngsters and "odd" loan-signings will need time to gel...
Will Peter Reid have enough before his side find themselves down in the Football League, where they so-nearly were, last season??
Wed 20/08/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've heard quite a lot about Sameul, isn't he from Trinidad and Tobagoor somewhere?
Tue 19/08/03 at 19:10
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Der Nazi wrote:

> Anyone know of any good youth players at Villa, apart from
> Hitzelsperger?

Liam Ridgewell
J Llloyd Samuel
Stephen and Luke Moore
Tue 19/08/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Festivus!"
Der Nazi wrote:
> If someone comes up with the dosh, he'll leave. Leeds Utd are at least
> £60m in the crap.

If said it before and I say it again - the day Leeds sell Smith is the day i stop supporting Leeds.

And 60m?

It's funny

Leeds United are 78 million in debt!
Sell Rio for 30m
Sell Fowler and Kean for about 6m each
Sell Woodgate for 9m
Sell Kewell for 5m

I forgot to mention other players, but you get the picture.
Tue 19/08/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I genuinely think that Bridges can make this season his breakthrough after his long injury lay-off after major cruciate ligament damage. If he sees the form that made Leeds Utd sign him from Sunderland again, and teams up with Smith and Viduka as a strikeforce, Leeds Utd can be safe. It would be the stuff that legends are made of.
Tue 19/08/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I very much doubt Alan Smith would even consider leaving Leeds while they're still in the Premiership.

With Mark Viduka still in with a slight chance of leaving the club, and players like Harry Kewell already gone over the summer; just as long as he can keep his disciplinary level down this season, he's got a great chance at being the "Hero" of Leeds' turn-around season.

We know he CAN score goals, but with other big-name players in the way, he's often been shown a seat on the sub's bench, rather than getting the place in the first-team he deserves.

I also heard a while ago that "forgotten-man" Michael Bridges is intending to make this season 'his own', also.

He's worked with Peter Reid before, at Sunderland, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get the chance to rediscover his goal-scoring form this season, after what he did at Roker Park to earn his move to Elland Road in the first place.

And some Leeds fans even believe that Lamine Sakho could be the ideal replacement for Harry Kewell!

...I haven't even seen the highlights of the "surprise" Newcastle game, though.
Tue 19/08/03 at 10:26
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
If someone comes up with the dosh, he'll leave. Leeds Utd are at least £60m in the crap.
Mon 18/08/03 at 22:09
Regular
"Festivus!"
3 words

Sakho. Is. God.

And Smith leaving? More chance of Old Trafford being filled with Mancunians.
Mon 18/08/03 at 10:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
O' Leary is a good manager, and seeing how he did at Leeds Utd, should strengthen the team with some youth players and do well. (If he's lucky!)

Anyone know of any good youth players at Villa, apart from Hitzelsperger?
Sun 17/08/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Baros!!!"
rabid wrote:

> The surprise team to fall into the drop zone and remain there could
> well be Aston Villa, they narrowly escaped last season and have only
> bought in 2 players of medicore ability, at the absolute best Villa
> are looking at 17th place, but i would not be remotely surprised to
> see Villa relegated.
>

Can't see it happening, even though we are not playing very well. It will all be down to how well we play at home, as our away from is shambolic.
Sun 17/08/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Chrissy.P wrote:
> Well there doing ok at the moment against Newcastle its 1-1 Shearer
> penalty and Viduka.

2-1 now, Alan Smith.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.