GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black & White on XP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Black and White'.
Tue 05/07/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Selected"
Has anybody played Black & White on XP before? I've been trying to play it but it's content on acting up. Firstly it refuses to start most of the time making Windows prompt me to send an error report (I hate those things) but if I do manage to get into the game, it randomly crashes to the desktop on completing a mission. The game's fully patched so it can't be a bug...

I want to play this through before the second one comes out too.

Ideas?
Thu 07/07/05 at 20:27
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Black and white

*Shudders

Its such a great idea, but with flaws, before its time I think.
Wed 06/07/05 at 11:59
Regular
"Selected"
Yeah I saw on the forums somebody asked, but the reply I saw from Lionhead was to get the 1.20 patch. That doesn't just work on it's own though.

But I did the compatibility test and it works fine now, thanks.
Wed 06/07/05 at 10:31
Regular
Yeah I had the same problem. I suggest you go onto the Official Black and White Forums. Theres loads of topics about it there with solutions.

I eventually got mine working, can't remember how but I know one of the solutions was to use the Windows Compatibility Tester to try and get it working.
Tue 05/07/05 at 20:32
Regular
"Selected"
Well I have the V1.10 patch so it can't be that.
Tue 05/07/05 at 20:25
Regular
You need to patch the game to V1.02, I have it on Professinal XP. Apparently, it doesn't run aswell on Home.
Tue 05/07/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Selected"
Has anybody played Black & White on XP before? I've been trying to play it but it's content on acting up. Firstly it refuses to start most of the time making Windows prompt me to send an error report (I hate those things) but if I do manage to get into the game, it randomly crashes to the desktop on completing a mission. The game's fully patched so it can't be a bug...

I want to play this through before the second one comes out too.

Ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.