GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bravo Two Zero"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/08/03 at 23:39
Regular
I normally stear clear of books as if they were piles of stinking vomit, but a friend recommeded Bravo Two Zero as a good read which I would find interesting, and he was right. I read 380 pages in 2 days- which to me is unheard of.

I was totally absorbed by this true tale of a group of SAS soilders behind enemy lines in Iraq. I really enjoyed it and I think learned a bit from it aswell.

I learned things like- interragation would suck balls and you have to be one hard ass mofo to be in the SAS. The book was wrote by Andy McNabb, one of the soilders on the operation.

I just thought i'd reccomend it and ask has anyone else read it? If so what'd you think?
Tue 12/08/03 at 21:15
Regular
"oaps.org"
Belldandy wrote:
> Ha, read "The Real Bravo Two Zero" for a 'true' account of
> that little exploit....

he he anyone one those seen that show on the discovery channel will know how much BS was it that book - probably the only thing that was true in it was the fact they went to Iraq
Tue 12/08/03 at 14:05
Regular
"That's right!"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Read "The one that got away", by Chris Ryan. This will
> present an alternative view of the mission.

--------

Na, he was lying. He went on to say "Oh, yeah, by the way, I killed loads of guys myself! McNab didn't have all the action!" when, in fact, there was no record of him doing that in his own bloody report to the military after he got back, and the way he described it was totally against the way the SAS are trained. He said he leapt out from behind something and opened fire on a large group of enemy soldiers... yeah right. So why didn't you mention that when you got back? Why wait until later? He just wanted to look good.

By the way, Bravo Two Zero is a good book, goes into more detail than the BBC TV version with ol' Bean, and is an entertaining read.
Tue 12/08/03 at 13:32
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Ha, read "The Real Bravo Two Zero" for a 'true' account of that little exploit....
Tue 12/08/03 at 11:03
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Read "The one that got away", by Chris Ryan. This will present an alternative view of the mission.
Tue 12/08/03 at 08:58
Regular
I've got every one of McNabs books. Bravo Two Zero is just the tip of the iceberg. Immediate Action is about his time in the SAS, then Remote COntrole, Crisis FOur, Firewall, Last Light and Liberation Day are a series of fiction books which I reccommend are read by many people. They're all best sellers too.
Mon 11/08/03 at 23:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mantis wrote:
> true tale

That part is debatable.
Mon 11/08/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I normally stear clear of books as if they were piles of stinking vomit, but a friend recommeded Bravo Two Zero as a good read which I would find interesting, and he was right. I read 380 pages in 2 days- which to me is unheard of.

I was totally absorbed by this true tale of a group of SAS soilders behind enemy lines in Iraq. I really enjoyed it and I think learned a bit from it aswell.

I learned things like- interragation would suck balls and you have to be one hard ass mofo to be in the SAS. The book was wrote by Andy McNabb, one of the soilders on the operation.

I just thought i'd reccomend it and ask has anyone else read it? If so what'd you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.