GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP enquiry"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/07/05 at 16:49
Regular
I've recently been considering buying a PSP, but seeing as how I have no prior knowledge of the machine - I've come to ask you guys. I'd like to get one within the next few weeks (before I go on holiday), so what i really need to know is;
. Which region console is it worth purchasing?
. Do different region consoles play different region games?
. Where's the best place to purchase one? (Best as in cheapest, easiest to use, etc.) and...
. Which games are worth getting?

Cheers for any help.
Mon 11/07/05 at 18:05
Regular
"lets go back"
Bullett wrote:
> Crossbob, don't talk on a subject you know nothing about.

What an ingenious way of telling CrossBob to be silent for the rest of his life.
Sat 09/07/05 at 08:38
Regular
Crossbob, don't talk on a subject you know nothing about.
Sat 09/07/05 at 02:39
Regular
"Catch it!"
Just get any region they play both the same discs. Do you mean you are going on Holiday or do you mean the holidays? Coz if you are going on holiday be careful with it coz you could get it nicked and where you going on holiday if you are? Buy your PSP off ebay or simply games or I think its out next month anyway.

And what you doing tomorrow? Get back to me. Your friend Luke Poulton.
Sat 09/07/05 at 02:12
Regular
I just got mine today, very happy.

You will hear from people that the Japanese PSPs have better screens than the American ones, that's not true anymore, Sony are now using the cheaper screens for all PSPs.

Mine is a new one from Canada, and if the North American screens are bad, then the Jap ones must be amazing because I was blown away by the quality of mine.

As for region, at the moment at least the games are region free and only UMD movies are region coded. As with DVDs, Japanese and European PSPs will be Region 2, and play the same discs, with the North American PSPs being Region 1.

There will be more UMD movies released in Region 1, and cheaper than Region 2, in English as well. But if you are insistent on having a Region 2 PSP where you can buy UMD in the shops and not have to import the ones you want from America, which might be cheaper just like DVDs anyway, get a Japanese one. All new Japanese PSPs can have the menus set to English.

If you like the idea that Americans get more English language games and films than Europe then get an American one.

My PSP cost £198 for a value pack with Wipeout Pure from www.videogamesplus.com. That price included £20 for fast courier delivery, I ordered it on Mondy, got it today delivered from Canada. So the £180 a new one here will cost will get you an imported PSP and a game, but you'll still have to stump up for delivery.

Once you've got it www.dvdboxoffice.com do games and Region 1 UMDs with free international delivery.

www.videogamesplus.com for a Region 1 PSP and www.lik-sang.com for a Region 2 PSP.
Fri 08/07/05 at 16:49
Regular
I've recently been considering buying a PSP, but seeing as how I have no prior knowledge of the machine - I've come to ask you guys. I'd like to get one within the next few weeks (before I go on holiday), so what i really need to know is;
. Which region console is it worth purchasing?
. Do different region consoles play different region games?
. Where's the best place to purchase one? (Best as in cheapest, easiest to use, etc.) and...
. Which games are worth getting?

Cheers for any help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.