GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the X-Box should not be made!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/02/01 at 19:40
Regular
Lets face it. Microsoft are the largest and richest company in the world, why bother ruining the games console market by making a small PC and calling it a games console.
In my opinion that is all it is, Okay, fair enough we can't stop him from making it, but with another games console out, parants are gonna be crazy, fed up with their kids saying 'I want an X-Box, a PS2 and a Gamecube for christmas!'

Why put more stress on the game developers, there are only a number of developers and with them all signing contracts to only create games for a certain company how the hell are the kids who own N64's gonna get good games if Rareware and Acclaim have signed contracts for X-Box?

The whole console wars is getting out of control and that is NOT good!!!

Thankyou for your time and please think about what I have said.
Tue 20/02/01 at 19:40
Lets face it. Microsoft are the largest and richest company in the world, why bother ruining the games console market by making a small PC and calling it a games console.
In my opinion that is all it is, Okay, fair enough we can't stop him from making it, but with another games console out, parants are gonna be crazy, fed up with their kids saying 'I want an X-Box, a PS2 and a Gamecube for christmas!'

Why put more stress on the game developers, there are only a number of developers and with them all signing contracts to only create games for a certain company how the hell are the kids who own N64's gonna get good games if Rareware and Acclaim have signed contracts for X-Box?

The whole console wars is getting out of control and that is NOT good!!!

Thankyou for your time and please think about what I have said.
Tue 20/02/01 at 19:53
"possibly impossible"
Console wars out of control? As it stands, Sony's might of advertising (and Sega's lack of same) have left it with one console at the moment. To have another player such as Microsoft is good and will keep console prices down as well as software.

Nintendo want to appeal to the general gamers, where as Sony and Microsoft will battle for the multi-media section of the gaming public. Competition is healthy and Sony need a big player like Microsoft to compete against.

The X-box as a console PC? Not really, it's just another console with the Microsoft brand. Besides, Microsoft don't make PCs they make software.

Tue 20/02/01 at 20:08
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
The more the war gets out of control, the more exciting:D
Tue 20/02/01 at 20:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
Thats absolute rubbish pb! read my Y-Box topics for reasons!
Tue 20/02/01 at 20:11
Regular
Not many kids saw adverts for Dreamcast's during CD:UK during the lead up to Christmas...

In fact, no kids did.

But it still sold a hellava lot.

Tue 20/02/01 at 20:22
"possibly impossible"
Microsoft go in with all the money and backing but no history or idea about making consoles?

Sounds like another firm not too long ago, but they seem to have done all right.

The X-box is being handled by a seperate section of Microsoft, it will have to be good to sell well and catch people's attention, because although MS are known for their software, they will still have to prove themselves in the console market if they want any kind of future. Rich companies do not get rich by taking unneccessary risks, nor do they want to loose a lot of money, no matter how much they already have.

My opinion of course, and I'm not even too keen on MS as a company, but the x-box deserves a chance, just as any other new console does.
Tue 20/02/01 at 23:35
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Errrrr... The fact the DC was also a PC in a box is no great concern is it! Basically, the Xbox is a more powerful DC- same architecture, same simple OS, but better advertising and more power. Can that be bad???

SonicRav
Wed 21/02/01 at 02:19
'Console wars out of control?'

HA!

It is indeed - my website is very much out of control.
Wed 21/02/01 at 12:18
Regular
"not dead"
If you don't like the Xbox, don't buy one.

If enough people don't buy one, then it might go away.

This may or may not be a bad thing, it depends on whether it has any good games or not.
Wed 21/02/01 at 12:52
well, anything that might mean the market gets competitive is a good thing, cos for us that means lower prices, so i know i want a PS2 and hopefully the release of the x-box will bring the price down to a reasonable and affordable price.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.