GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paintballing."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/08/03 at 12:02
Regular
Yesterday, everybody's favourite geordie - MoJoJoJo, went paintballing for the first time with his old friend Jay. Had to get up at 7... urgh.

With us were Jay's mum's old boyfriend Rodney, his brother Carl, two of his brother's friends Rob and, um... Dave I think, Rodney's girlfriend and her friend, a friend of Jay's (another Carl) and Jay's mum's cousin's son, Louis. Indeed. Our mate Seb was meant to be going, but owes The Wal £200 so didn't fancy spending 50 odd quid. I only knew Rodney, but I'd met Louis a few times before, he's only 14/15.

Anyway, drove down to some castle out in the countryside in Carl's Land Rover, Rodney was behind in his Jeep and Dave was in his own car. We're all in agreement that the countryside still, always has, and always will suck - I pity any country bumpkins we have here on the forums. We found the place after an hour's drive (Jay and Carl had been before) It was a holiday camp, full of caravans and stuff. We got there about half 9.

Anyway, there were 10 of us, a group of kids out for somebody's birthday (I guess they were about 12) and a group of people around my age - about 40 all together. We got split up after signing the disclaimer (I hate those things, I like having the option to sue) and had a warm up round. We were paying for the all day deal, with 500 rounds each and a meal at dinner time, so we had 500 rounds of paint to play with (the gun can hold about 200, and you have two tubs in your belt with 100 each)

I tell ya, 'twas a hot day yesterday. It's chucking it down right now here in Newcastle, with thunder and lightning, but yesterday it was boiling. In jeans and a t-shirt, then with the camo coveralls and a ridiculously close mask, it was almost unbearable when moving around. The mask has to keep your face covered, so it just has some small holes for you to breathe through. Run around too much and not only can you not breathe, but you'll fog it up so you can't see. They sucked. You could get a cap to put on to help cover your hair, but I didn't bother. I'm too hard for that.

Just the walk to the first course had people in need of a rest. We tested our markers (guns) on some cans that were hanging on a line. The MoJo has always been a good shot - whether it be with a light gun, pellet gun, target practice with the SA rifle or whatever. People saw this and said "I'll stick with you." - because The MoJo rules.

Anyway, first round was capture the flag on a small course, probably no more than 60 metres between each base. I volunteered Rodney to be our team captain, and ironically enough his brother was volunteered the captain of the blue team. So we had two ginger captains. Crazy.

The MoJo went to his primary instincts - to kill and survive. Running through bushes, leaping behind tree to tree in a desperate bid to avoid the onslaught of pink paint, firing in three shot bursts to try and keep those blue blighters down - MoJo was in his element.

Both teams were dropping like flies, but being the coward I am, I lasted until the end. Some crazy guy made a mad rush for our flag, I took that sucka down. Alas, the time limit was hit, so it was a draw.

Next up was an attack/defend game, but with a twist - there was a traitor on each team. We were all given cards. Most told us that we were a loyal member of the team, one on each side said that they were the traitor, and had to do anything to stop their team from winning. So we went out, this time on a bigger playing field which involved a bridge and a small stream/river which we had to get across to get to their base (since we chose to attack) Jay got killed immediately, so he went back to the safe area to chat up the sexy marshall (brunette with pretty eyes - nice)

After five minutes, we were told traitors were active so everybody went into skitzo mode, looking at the person next to them. I was quite near the front, so I was immediately looking behind me to make sure I didn't get shot in the back. Turns out Rodney was our traitor - our own captain. He led a load of people across the river, with the plan of shooting them all in the back as they went ahead of them, but low and behold, a blue guy shot him before he had the chance. Classic. The blue traitor had a better time. He'd been hidden in their base the whole time before suddenly shooting EVERYBODY and taking the flag (the flag only had to go one foot out the base) We all cheered. His own team hated him, heh.

Next up was another capture the flag, this time on a much bigger playing field than our first game. It was basically a long stretch (about 100m I'd guess) with loads of hiding places/obstacles along the way between each base. Some of us ran forward, some of us took to the hill on the right to counter their attack on the right and others went into the woods on the left to counter their attack on the left. The rest of us either stayed in the base or went forward. I was pinned down, getting absolutely splattered by paint as it hit the wood, but came through the gaps between the planks, showering me. I was also getting shot at from behind... by the girls hiding in our base. I got hit on the arm, so technically I was dead, but I just kept it hidden. You could wipe off a lot of wounds anyway.

Every so often I'd stick my gun around the side and let loose a little, but I was under heavy fire and I knew the people in the woods to the left would sneak up on me where I was, so I made a dash to the other side to another hiding place, where a team mate was. Soon as I got there (survived the run over) I got peppered. Completely. When you get hit, and it bursts, you're meant to hold your marker (gun) up high and walk to a safe place (you have to leave the mask on, though, which is hell) Of course, as soon as the other team see somebody stand up, they blast them, so you always get shot leaving.

I think the blue team got our flag in the end, I'm not sure. It was only the two girls left on our team (they were shooting everybody, even their own team) so that was no surprise.

Next it was an assault game, where there's a bunker on top of a hill, with flags leading up. The attacking team have to get all those flags, and get them back to the bottom of the hill without getting shot. They could go anywhere, but as the defending team we had to stay inside the bunker. They came up the hill from the left and right, hoping to take us all out so they could get the flags with no problem. Only we kept them pinned down in the trees. I was SO sure it was my mate Jay in the woods, only he could annoy us so much (we got absolutely covered in paint from it coming through the cracks in the bunker) I got one stocked right off the tip of my elbow, it didn't burst and boy did that one hurt. Anyway, Jay finally got hit, but of course we didn't stop shooting. He got hit in the armpit as he held up his gun, ha ha. Then his own team, who were shooting at us, managed to hit him in the legs as he walked to the safe point. Classic.

Anyway, they only managed to get one flag, the bottom one. So we won after the time limit hit, then we swapped right over (it would take too long to go back for a rest and for more paint) Now we were attacking. Rodney, who'd been before, knew what he was doing. Instead of going around, we opted to go right up the middle, going from hiding place to hiding place. The fastest among us left their guns and their belts and ran up. That meant Rodney had two guns at one point, which was funny, seeing him re-enacting a scene from Commando. We were kicking butt, we got four of the flags, so we got four points. We were well ahead on points then.

It was 1pm now, we'd been paintballing for three hours, and it was time for dinner. Had a pint and a crap meal (I don't like beans and I don't like pie, all I had was the chips, which were covered in beans...) before we headed back up.

It was another capture the flag, but this time it was using half of the entire paintballing place, zone 2 to zone 4 (zone 5 was the bunker hill we'd just played on) which was a hefty hike up hills and stuff.

We were ahead on points, so we could've just all camped in our base, made sure they didn't score, but we decided to go for it. I suggested everybody just march right into their base, and that a few of us would go to the trees on the left, and one or two would hide on the hill to the right, with two hiding in the base itself. I couldn't be bothered running all the way to their base (we wanted to cover as much ground as possible) so I stayed in the base, hidden from the left and with a perfect view of the hill and an easy view of the narrow stretch leading up to our base.

Talked to one of the marshalls most of this round, since the action was far away. He kept us updated via his radio on who was winning. Eventually, one blue guy appeared. We were spying on him through the cracks so he didn't see us. We'd agreed we would wait until they were right on top of us, since there was no point shooting at them straight away, since they'd just hide. We waited until he was out in the open. He couldn't see anybody, then suddenly the two of us in the base and one guy hiding on the hill leapt out and opened fire. He hid behind the tree next to him, but I got the blighter. He was WELL angry, heh.

Not long after, a red guy came sprinting up with the blue flag and we won. Seconds later, the blue flank attack appeared out of the bushes behind our base, devastated that they were just a few seconds late, ha ha.

Next up was a suicide round. You had to get the flag from the middle of the playing field, then get it to the ENEMY base. Crazy. Rodney and I agreed we'd run right to the flag. If you managed to just grab it at all, before the other team, then even if you got shot afterwards you'd get one point. So three of us legged it as soon as the whistle blew. One guy got hit, Rodney got the flag and got showered, and I got absolutely hammered. I was hit but I couldn't even leave, I had to crawl for cover, getting pelted by paint (and the painful ones that don't burst) Got one right on my neck, that one hurt. The marshall had to come over to get me out because as soon as I tried standing up, I got pelted again, ha ha.

Anyway, Jay got the flag... but the moron ran back to his own base by mistake! He dropped it before his own team shot him (if it got to your base, no matter who was carrying it, it was game over) and his mate Carl made a mad dash for it, since he was out of ammo. By this time, Rodney and I were sitting on the hill watching, comparing injuries. The bump on his head from a previous round was pretty big, heh. They ended up getting the flag to our base, but we were ONE point ahead still, so the red team won the day. Woo.

Last round was a pair deathmatch, where you pair up and take each other on to waste the last of your paint. Pretty unfair, though, since you had ten seconds to find a place to hide before the next team came out, then after everybody was out it was ten seconds before it started. So the last few teams had nowhere to hide, everywhere was taken and the first few teams had had almost two minutes to hide and rest. So Jay and I got hammered, we were like ten metres away from one of the other teams. Ah well. I shot the last of my paint at the cans, and that was the end of the day. We'd been sweating like pigs ALL day. Man, it was nasty.

Got home, had paint in my hair, bruises on my arm, shoulders, a few on my back and some of the paint had soaked through so I had pink patches on my white t-shirt, heh.

Overall, a decent day. I think it's a little overrated, but still good. I'd like to do it again with a large group of friends, gonna arrange that. Now all I have to do is sky diving and go carting and my "to do" list will almost be complete.

The MoJo rules. But is in pain.
Sun 10/08/03 at 23:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
smithy wrote:
> reminds me of cross fire (x-fire) on channel 4 - what I great show!

Yeah, it was excellent. I doubt they will make another series though.
Sun 10/08/03 at 23:13
Regular
reminds me of cross fire (x-fire) on channel 4 - what I great show!
Sun 10/08/03 at 13:09
My dad used to paintballing all the time, he has this huge automatic paintball gun downstairs with 1000's of paintballs.
He stopped playing because it got too expeccive, he used to do it every sunday and it worked out about £100+ every sunday.
But it was a propper group thing, there was teams in a championship, my dad was the boss, he has this monster mask thingy that says boss on it.
There was this huge forrest with little buildings and bunker things, it was great.
Sun 10/08/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Ever seen Dirty Sanchez's Naked Paintballing? Two words - Pain-Full.
Sun 10/08/03 at 12:10
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I love paintballing, I will always remember the look on one of my mates faces as he was carried off having been shot in the knackers.
Sun 10/08/03 at 12:02
Regular
"That's right!"
Yesterday, everybody's favourite geordie - MoJoJoJo, went paintballing for the first time with his old friend Jay. Had to get up at 7... urgh.

With us were Jay's mum's old boyfriend Rodney, his brother Carl, two of his brother's friends Rob and, um... Dave I think, Rodney's girlfriend and her friend, a friend of Jay's (another Carl) and Jay's mum's cousin's son, Louis. Indeed. Our mate Seb was meant to be going, but owes The Wal £200 so didn't fancy spending 50 odd quid. I only knew Rodney, but I'd met Louis a few times before, he's only 14/15.

Anyway, drove down to some castle out in the countryside in Carl's Land Rover, Rodney was behind in his Jeep and Dave was in his own car. We're all in agreement that the countryside still, always has, and always will suck - I pity any country bumpkins we have here on the forums. We found the place after an hour's drive (Jay and Carl had been before) It was a holiday camp, full of caravans and stuff. We got there about half 9.

Anyway, there were 10 of us, a group of kids out for somebody's birthday (I guess they were about 12) and a group of people around my age - about 40 all together. We got split up after signing the disclaimer (I hate those things, I like having the option to sue) and had a warm up round. We were paying for the all day deal, with 500 rounds each and a meal at dinner time, so we had 500 rounds of paint to play with (the gun can hold about 200, and you have two tubs in your belt with 100 each)

I tell ya, 'twas a hot day yesterday. It's chucking it down right now here in Newcastle, with thunder and lightning, but yesterday it was boiling. In jeans and a t-shirt, then with the camo coveralls and a ridiculously close mask, it was almost unbearable when moving around. The mask has to keep your face covered, so it just has some small holes for you to breathe through. Run around too much and not only can you not breathe, but you'll fog it up so you can't see. They sucked. You could get a cap to put on to help cover your hair, but I didn't bother. I'm too hard for that.

Just the walk to the first course had people in need of a rest. We tested our markers (guns) on some cans that were hanging on a line. The MoJo has always been a good shot - whether it be with a light gun, pellet gun, target practice with the SA rifle or whatever. People saw this and said "I'll stick with you." - because The MoJo rules.

Anyway, first round was capture the flag on a small course, probably no more than 60 metres between each base. I volunteered Rodney to be our team captain, and ironically enough his brother was volunteered the captain of the blue team. So we had two ginger captains. Crazy.

The MoJo went to his primary instincts - to kill and survive. Running through bushes, leaping behind tree to tree in a desperate bid to avoid the onslaught of pink paint, firing in three shot bursts to try and keep those blue blighters down - MoJo was in his element.

Both teams were dropping like flies, but being the coward I am, I lasted until the end. Some crazy guy made a mad rush for our flag, I took that sucka down. Alas, the time limit was hit, so it was a draw.

Next up was an attack/defend game, but with a twist - there was a traitor on each team. We were all given cards. Most told us that we were a loyal member of the team, one on each side said that they were the traitor, and had to do anything to stop their team from winning. So we went out, this time on a bigger playing field which involved a bridge and a small stream/river which we had to get across to get to their base (since we chose to attack) Jay got killed immediately, so he went back to the safe area to chat up the sexy marshall (brunette with pretty eyes - nice)

After five minutes, we were told traitors were active so everybody went into skitzo mode, looking at the person next to them. I was quite near the front, so I was immediately looking behind me to make sure I didn't get shot in the back. Turns out Rodney was our traitor - our own captain. He led a load of people across the river, with the plan of shooting them all in the back as they went ahead of them, but low and behold, a blue guy shot him before he had the chance. Classic. The blue traitor had a better time. He'd been hidden in their base the whole time before suddenly shooting EVERYBODY and taking the flag (the flag only had to go one foot out the base) We all cheered. His own team hated him, heh.

Next up was another capture the flag, this time on a much bigger playing field than our first game. It was basically a long stretch (about 100m I'd guess) with loads of hiding places/obstacles along the way between each base. Some of us ran forward, some of us took to the hill on the right to counter their attack on the right and others went into the woods on the left to counter their attack on the left. The rest of us either stayed in the base or went forward. I was pinned down, getting absolutely splattered by paint as it hit the wood, but came through the gaps between the planks, showering me. I was also getting shot at from behind... by the girls hiding in our base. I got hit on the arm, so technically I was dead, but I just kept it hidden. You could wipe off a lot of wounds anyway.

Every so often I'd stick my gun around the side and let loose a little, but I was under heavy fire and I knew the people in the woods to the left would sneak up on me where I was, so I made a dash to the other side to another hiding place, where a team mate was. Soon as I got there (survived the run over) I got peppered. Completely. When you get hit, and it bursts, you're meant to hold your marker (gun) up high and walk to a safe place (you have to leave the mask on, though, which is hell) Of course, as soon as the other team see somebody stand up, they blast them, so you always get shot leaving.

I think the blue team got our flag in the end, I'm not sure. It was only the two girls left on our team (they were shooting everybody, even their own team) so that was no surprise.

Next it was an assault game, where there's a bunker on top of a hill, with flags leading up. The attacking team have to get all those flags, and get them back to the bottom of the hill without getting shot. They could go anywhere, but as the defending team we had to stay inside the bunker. They came up the hill from the left and right, hoping to take us all out so they could get the flags with no problem. Only we kept them pinned down in the trees. I was SO sure it was my mate Jay in the woods, only he could annoy us so much (we got absolutely covered in paint from it coming through the cracks in the bunker) I got one stocked right off the tip of my elbow, it didn't burst and boy did that one hurt. Anyway, Jay finally got hit, but of course we didn't stop shooting. He got hit in the armpit as he held up his gun, ha ha. Then his own team, who were shooting at us, managed to hit him in the legs as he walked to the safe point. Classic.

Anyway, they only managed to get one flag, the bottom one. So we won after the time limit hit, then we swapped right over (it would take too long to go back for a rest and for more paint) Now we were attacking. Rodney, who'd been before, knew what he was doing. Instead of going around, we opted to go right up the middle, going from hiding place to hiding place. The fastest among us left their guns and their belts and ran up. That meant Rodney had two guns at one point, which was funny, seeing him re-enacting a scene from Commando. We were kicking butt, we got four of the flags, so we got four points. We were well ahead on points then.

It was 1pm now, we'd been paintballing for three hours, and it was time for dinner. Had a pint and a crap meal (I don't like beans and I don't like pie, all I had was the chips, which were covered in beans...) before we headed back up.

It was another capture the flag, but this time it was using half of the entire paintballing place, zone 2 to zone 4 (zone 5 was the bunker hill we'd just played on) which was a hefty hike up hills and stuff.

We were ahead on points, so we could've just all camped in our base, made sure they didn't score, but we decided to go for it. I suggested everybody just march right into their base, and that a few of us would go to the trees on the left, and one or two would hide on the hill to the right, with two hiding in the base itself. I couldn't be bothered running all the way to their base (we wanted to cover as much ground as possible) so I stayed in the base, hidden from the left and with a perfect view of the hill and an easy view of the narrow stretch leading up to our base.

Talked to one of the marshalls most of this round, since the action was far away. He kept us updated via his radio on who was winning. Eventually, one blue guy appeared. We were spying on him through the cracks so he didn't see us. We'd agreed we would wait until they were right on top of us, since there was no point shooting at them straight away, since they'd just hide. We waited until he was out in the open. He couldn't see anybody, then suddenly the two of us in the base and one guy hiding on the hill leapt out and opened fire. He hid behind the tree next to him, but I got the blighter. He was WELL angry, heh.

Not long after, a red guy came sprinting up with the blue flag and we won. Seconds later, the blue flank attack appeared out of the bushes behind our base, devastated that they were just a few seconds late, ha ha.

Next up was a suicide round. You had to get the flag from the middle of the playing field, then get it to the ENEMY base. Crazy. Rodney and I agreed we'd run right to the flag. If you managed to just grab it at all, before the other team, then even if you got shot afterwards you'd get one point. So three of us legged it as soon as the whistle blew. One guy got hit, Rodney got the flag and got showered, and I got absolutely hammered. I was hit but I couldn't even leave, I had to crawl for cover, getting pelted by paint (and the painful ones that don't burst) Got one right on my neck, that one hurt. The marshall had to come over to get me out because as soon as I tried standing up, I got pelted again, ha ha.

Anyway, Jay got the flag... but the moron ran back to his own base by mistake! He dropped it before his own team shot him (if it got to your base, no matter who was carrying it, it was game over) and his mate Carl made a mad dash for it, since he was out of ammo. By this time, Rodney and I were sitting on the hill watching, comparing injuries. The bump on his head from a previous round was pretty big, heh. They ended up getting the flag to our base, but we were ONE point ahead still, so the red team won the day. Woo.

Last round was a pair deathmatch, where you pair up and take each other on to waste the last of your paint. Pretty unfair, though, since you had ten seconds to find a place to hide before the next team came out, then after everybody was out it was ten seconds before it started. So the last few teams had nowhere to hide, everywhere was taken and the first few teams had had almost two minutes to hide and rest. So Jay and I got hammered, we were like ten metres away from one of the other teams. Ah well. I shot the last of my paint at the cans, and that was the end of the day. We'd been sweating like pigs ALL day. Man, it was nasty.

Got home, had paint in my hair, bruises on my arm, shoulders, a few on my back and some of the paint had soaked through so I had pink patches on my white t-shirt, heh.

Overall, a decent day. I think it's a little overrated, but still good. I'd like to do it again with a large group of friends, gonna arrange that. Now all I have to do is sky diving and go carting and my "to do" list will almost be complete.

The MoJo rules. But is in pain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.