GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Working...or not"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/03 at 20:04
Regular
hm. My company has announced that they feel like cutting costs. So like any good financial company they are moving parts of it to India. Cheap labour and cheap rent.

Now, they haven't told us what parts are moving or how many people are involved (no matter what the newspapers say), so we are all in a state of bewilderment and dwindling confidence in keeping our jobs.

A few years ago this wouldn't have mattered, but I'm now 31 (officially old) and have a mortgage to pay. I'm also living in the west country, which so far has come up with very few other job vacancies for similar pay. I'm not moving to another part of the country to get a job, I'm settled here, but I could always move to Spain.

Problem is that we've just paid for our garden to be finished and now we have a cool oriental garden with waterfalls (and it may even win an award). It's something I've always wanted and I love it, so I'd be hard pushed to move at present.

What to do, then? Well, all we can do is sit it out and wait for the moment, we won't find out anything until September 15th.
Mon 11/08/03 at 19:59
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Agh the forums are having some kind of meltdown, first time I've connected since 6PM....
Mon 11/08/03 at 19:59
"possibly impossible"
Stryke wrote:
> I remember a topic awhile ago from you, pb. Don't you work for
> Reuters? That's a news source company, right?

Yep, but the financial arm. We deal in all those figures you see up on the stock market screens during the shots of the LSE.
Sat 09/08/03 at 19:29
Regular
Jonman wrote:
> True dat - at least the call centres in foreign countries tend to be
> polite folk, even if they are buggerall use. Better than the morose
> halfwits that you normally get on the other end of the phone if
> they're based over here.

Microsoft are good on support, and Amazon, and eBay's email support also, and Creative labs. Many companies phone and email support is excellent, strangely I tend to buy their products, as others probably do - hence the money the spend on decent call centres must translate into higher sales.
Sat 09/08/03 at 15:41
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
lalakersrule wrote:
>
> So basically the same type of service you get from english call
> centres? :D

True dat - at least the call centres in foreign countries tend to be polite folk, even if they are buggerall use. Better than the morose halfwits that you normally get on the other end of the phone if they're based over here.
Sat 09/08/03 at 15:27
Regular
I remember a topic awhile ago from you, pb. Don't you work for Reuters? That's a news source company, right?
Sat 09/08/03 at 14:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Goddess Belldandy wrote:
You ring for help, and you get some moron you can barely
> understand reading the advice out of a manual and ignoring what you
> say.

So basically the same type of service you get from english call centres? :D
Fri 08/08/03 at 23:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Its so true Bell.

I answered the phone and was greated by what can only be described as a rabble. Not only was the phoneline quality poor, but this person just couldnt get their tongue around English.

No offence to the person, they were probably doing the best they could, i wouldnt even contemplate learning their native language. But whats the point in moving call centres to India if you cant understand what they are saying?

Its an error Sky television has learnt to its cost.
Fri 08/08/03 at 21:04
Regular
I hate how so many companies have moved call centres to foreign countries. You ring for help, and you get some moron you can barely understand reading the advice out of a manual and ignoring what you say.

Today, whilst unpacking new speakers, I cut a wire with scissors by mistake. So I ring up the company to see if I can buy a replacement. Bloke with accent similar to Dracula in the 1990's film answers.
"Ello sir, vat is ze problem"

I explain the problem - cut the wire, need a replacement and can I buy one, or pay for a repair.

'Youv cut ze vire'

Yes I have.

'Vou need vepair ?'

Yes.

'Can you not do ?'

I ask what he means.

'Can you not do sir?'

Do what I ask.

'vepair'

Would I be ringing if I could ???? I say no.

'you send to us'

I ask how much.

'I do not know'

I ask who does.

'Ve take your card number charge it for vepair'

I ask how much it will be.

'Vou need vepair and ve vill charge when vepair'

I ask where to send it to.

'I do not know vere you send cable to'

I point out it is a speaker.

'same thing'

I ask who does know the address.

'You email ? You can email us ? Yes?'

Slam phone down, use black tape to hide the cut cable, return to Argos and get refund saying they won't work (true, kind of).

I won't even begin to tell you all about Dell...
Fri 08/08/03 at 20:04
"possibly impossible"
hm. My company has announced that they feel like cutting costs. So like any good financial company they are moving parts of it to India. Cheap labour and cheap rent.

Now, they haven't told us what parts are moving or how many people are involved (no matter what the newspapers say), so we are all in a state of bewilderment and dwindling confidence in keeping our jobs.

A few years ago this wouldn't have mattered, but I'm now 31 (officially old) and have a mortgage to pay. I'm also living in the west country, which so far has come up with very few other job vacancies for similar pay. I'm not moving to another part of the country to get a job, I'm settled here, but I could always move to Spain.

Problem is that we've just paid for our garden to be finished and now we have a cool oriental garden with waterfalls (and it may even win an award). It's something I've always wanted and I love it, so I'd be hard pushed to move at present.

What to do, then? Well, all we can do is sit it out and wait for the moment, we won't find out anything until September 15th.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.