GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sexual Harrassment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/03 at 18:33
Regular
Walking onto the factory floor today I was feeling good. Couldn't say what it was, I was just in a happy mood, bouncing with optomism.

Got to the production line where I'd spend the morning, talking to the line boss person, and some hyperactive moose woman shouts 'come here you', grabs onto me, and procedes to 'grope' me (I'll not be going into more detail, thanks).
First few seconds I'm in shock. Then I try to get away, but she's clinging to me and following my efforts to walk away.
It was one of those moments when time seems to slow down, I couldn't say how long she was there. It felt like a long time, but I'd guess in real time maybe 10 seconds.

She let go and looked around at her sicker fans, laughing.
Then she did it again.

And as a parting shot she fired some innuendo/obscenity at me.

'F***. Jesus f****** christ'
That was all that went through my head in the following few minutes. Coupled with a horrible cheap, dirty, humiliated feeling.
Just thinking about it, my skin still crawls, I feel like crap.

We used to have a cat who was very timmid, always completely on edge. That's what I felt like every time she was within 10 feet of me today, hoping nothing would happen, furiously avoiding eye contact. All those other feelings coupled with fear and helplessness.

Yep, that bouncy optomism was pretty misplaced.

In the past whenever I've hear about (usually) women complaining about sexual harrassment in the work-place, I've always been sceptical about whether they may be exaggerating, overreacting, making more of the problem than there really is.
Never again.
I've experienced one 'incident', and as the physically stronger (etc) party. I'm sure my day has been nothing compared to what hunderds (thousands?) of people go through regularly.
Any victim of this kind of thing has my total sympathy from now on.

One day, one incident, I considered quitting. I would have done but for the fact i was due to finish in 2 weeks, and there's virtually no chance I'd have worked with the woman in question again. And I severely needed the £300 for the fortnight.

Anyone who can hold down a job through that kind of treatment, for any length of time, has my upmost respect.

Then I got home to find I've been laid off, effective immediately.
F***.
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:33
Regular
Walking onto the factory floor today I was feeling good. Couldn't say what it was, I was just in a happy mood, bouncing with optomism.

Got to the production line where I'd spend the morning, talking to the line boss person, and some hyperactive moose woman shouts 'come here you', grabs onto me, and procedes to 'grope' me (I'll not be going into more detail, thanks).
First few seconds I'm in shock. Then I try to get away, but she's clinging to me and following my efforts to walk away.
It was one of those moments when time seems to slow down, I couldn't say how long she was there. It felt like a long time, but I'd guess in real time maybe 10 seconds.

She let go and looked around at her sicker fans, laughing.
Then she did it again.

And as a parting shot she fired some innuendo/obscenity at me.

'F***. Jesus f****** christ'
That was all that went through my head in the following few minutes. Coupled with a horrible cheap, dirty, humiliated feeling.
Just thinking about it, my skin still crawls, I feel like crap.

We used to have a cat who was very timmid, always completely on edge. That's what I felt like every time she was within 10 feet of me today, hoping nothing would happen, furiously avoiding eye contact. All those other feelings coupled with fear and helplessness.

Yep, that bouncy optomism was pretty misplaced.

In the past whenever I've hear about (usually) women complaining about sexual harrassment in the work-place, I've always been sceptical about whether they may be exaggerating, overreacting, making more of the problem than there really is.
Never again.
I've experienced one 'incident', and as the physically stronger (etc) party. I'm sure my day has been nothing compared to what hunderds (thousands?) of people go through regularly.
Any victim of this kind of thing has my total sympathy from now on.

One day, one incident, I considered quitting. I would have done but for the fact i was due to finish in 2 weeks, and there's virtually no chance I'd have worked with the woman in question again. And I severely needed the £300 for the fortnight.

Anyone who can hold down a job through that kind of treatment, for any length of time, has my upmost respect.

Then I got home to find I've been laid off, effective immediately.
F***.
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Why laid off, what reason did they give ?

Screw them over for unfair dismissal if possible.
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:38
Regular
what the f***, something needs to be done my friend, something invloving people in suits with briefcases, and letters with 'court summons' written on them.

quite frankly I'm disgusted
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:38
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
As the guy below said, why have they laid you off?
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:39
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Also, what happened was a indecent assault, if it has effected you, report it.
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:44
Regular
Laid off: Apparantly because of low orders (less people glue stuff in hot weather?).
I was only on a temporary contract, which allows them to give me (and 4 or 5 other temps) the chop like this.
They haven't done anything wrong, it's just a crap thing to happen.

Reporting: Who to? What would happen?
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:46
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
To the Police, she broke the law.

Indecent Assault
Sexual Offences Act 1956

Section 15(1)

It is an offence for a person to make an indecent assault on a man.
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Or if you don’t want to go that far, just tell her boss and let him deal with it.
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
You can get compensation for it, 'stress' , assault, etc If she did it as you say then others saw it happen. You don't work there any more so it's not like you have to face any of them ever again, and if you're unemployed then you have free time on your hands.

I'm no legal type person, that's more Light's thing, but do you have a citizen's advice bureau in your town/city, either that or the police. It really depends how seriously you take it and how far you want to take it. Put it this way, if you've been sacked, may as well spread the misery around and try take down an unpleasant biatch.
Fri 08/08/03 at 23:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Jesus man, thats heavy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.