GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do I change browser tab text?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/05/09 at 09:22
Regular
I previously created a site for one purpose and have now adapted it for another purpose. The browser tab still shows the "old" title from the previous project and it is totally inappropriate. I just cannot remember/find out how I set this up in the first place.

Please, please can someone tell me? The normally efficient Freeola helpdesk has let me down on this one as their response just said they don't help with web design.
Thu 28/05/09 at 09:22
Regular
I previously created a site for one purpose and have now adapted it for another purpose. The browser tab still shows the "old" title from the previous project and it is totally inappropriate. I just cannot remember/find out how I set this up in the first place.

Please, please can someone tell me? The normally efficient Freeola helpdesk has let me down on this one as their response just said they don't help with web design.
Thu 28/05/09 at 09:44
Regular
Presuming that you're not using InstantPro, what you need will likely be near the top of the code, in the title tag.

<title>Your title will be here</title>

Your best bet is to open the file that you are editing in something like Notepad and then using the find (CTRL+F) function to locate the words currently in your title to help you find it.

If you get really stuck, then feel free to show us where the site is and we'll be able to help better.

Thanks
Thu 28/05/09 at 10:18
Regular
Hi - I am using Instant Pro
Thu 28/05/09 at 10:31
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello,
Sorry support couldn't answer you question.
What you need to do is go to the Page Directory in the InstantPro admin and click to edit the relevant page. Then near the top of the build window to the right you should see a Page Settings link. Click this to open a popup that allows you to edit the page title and the navigation text, plus other variables such as meta tags. Once you have done this and clicked Finish your page should be updated instantly.
Thu 28/05/09 at 15:05
Regular
Perfect! You gave me all the info I needed. Many, many thanks. Nice to see the communication problem I had before was just a minor glitch :o)

Cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.