GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A new Doctor Who episode in September..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/05/09 at 11:52
"possibly impossible"
...well sort of.

For the first time, The Doctor will be appearing in The Sarah Jane Adventures in September.

The News story confirms that it will be a proper 2 episode story with The Doctor and Sarah Jane working together to face off against a big threat.

It's good news for both Whovians and those who've wanted this appearence since TSJA began and also testament to how popular the spin off show is.

Despite the fact that it's on CBBC, I've been watching it since the first series began and the writing, though aimed more at children, is on a par with Doctor Who.
Wed 27/05/09 at 11:52
"possibly impossible"
...well sort of.

For the first time, The Doctor will be appearing in The Sarah Jane Adventures in September.

The News story confirms that it will be a proper 2 episode story with The Doctor and Sarah Jane working together to face off against a big threat.

It's good news for both Whovians and those who've wanted this appearence since TSJA began and also testament to how popular the spin off show is.

Despite the fact that it's on CBBC, I've been watching it since the first series began and the writing, though aimed more at children, is on a par with Doctor Who.
Wed 27/05/09 at 14:23
Regular
Have I missed anything since the bus episode?
Wed 27/05/09 at 14:44
"possibly impossible"
Nope. That was the last one.
Wed 27/05/09 at 15:01
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I read this yesterday and will probably get me watching the show just so I do not have to wait until November for another Doctor fix. Not seen the SJA before, mainly due to the fact it was on CBBC and, in my eyes at least, even more so aimed at kids than the main show has been as of late, which has been one of my major gripes with it.

That said, come September I'll probably be tuning in if I'm not working that day...
Wed 27/05/09 at 15:08
Regular
I don't look like Doctor Who do I ...?
Wed 27/05/09 at 15:18
"possibly impossible"
ButchML wrote:
> I read this yesterday and will probably get me watching the show
> just so I do not have to wait until November for another Doctor
> fix. Not seen the SJA before, mainly due to the fact it was on
> CBBC and, in my eyes at least, even more so aimed at kids than
> the main show has been as of late, which has been one of my major
> gripes with it.
>
> That said, come September I'll probably be tuning in if I'm not
> working that day...

So the original Doctor Who (that family show that all kids used to watch) wasn't aimed at kids? Surely it's more scary for kids now than it ever was?
Wed 27/05/09 at 16:12
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I've always felt the older stuff was more adult/family based rather than the family/kids demographic it is aimed at now.

I'll agree that toward the end on the last run (McCoy) you could certainly see they were catering to younger people so it's probably not a new thing. The fact they have also pushed the reboot/relaunch of the series so much on CBBC and other children's shows/channels further emphasises my point.

From re-watching a few old episodes (as I was too young to watch/appreciate at the time) I feel the current series are aimed at a younger audience, entertaining though it is.
Thu 28/05/09 at 15:24
Regular
Was it ever aimed at adults? A time travelling alien who does everything from ghostbusting to fighting robots.
You have to be a bit immature to enjoy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.