GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Entertaining trip down memory lane.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/05/09 at 23:52
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Have any of the old-timers taken a look through the SR Archive hidden deep on the Freeola site recently? I just took a look at my stats, been knocking around these forums for almost 8 years, on and off. Crazy long time!

Just for a bit of banter, I trawled through some of my posts on the 'Life, the Universe and Everything' forum. By God, my 13 year old self was a crappy, tortured soul :). I was going to pull some other forum member's posts and put em here for some reminisicing fun times, but I'm not sure how much people want to remember!

The Shaneo witchhunts, the buxom wenchmobile, the tripe stories featuring various forumites, the Notable elections, Mystique... fun teenage times I'd almost forgotten about. Not to mention the 3 GADs a day days of yore. Oh the reviews. Oh the walkthroughs.

*pats chat forum affectionately*

"See Mum! THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD OF BOUGHT ME A DOG!!"
Wed 27/05/09 at 14:45
"possibly impossible"
BlackholeAlfonse wrote:
> Crossbob's zombie story is incredible.

I'd forgotton all about that. Brilliant.
Wed 27/05/09 at 14:43
Regular
Crossbob's zombie story is incredible.
Wed 27/05/09 at 10:13
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I laughed plenty at the 'poetry' threads. They are painful!
Wed 27/05/09 at 09:42
"possibly impossible"
There are some fantastic old threads in the archives. Many a happy moment spent on the SR forums.

Fond memories of having enough time to dedicate to short stories, I must have written loads and read even more. Grix and Meka always kept me amused with great stories.

You missed an opportunity with this thread. We should all post a link or two to our favourite choice cuts of old SR.
Wed 27/05/09 at 01:48
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't think I've really changed that much at all.

I seem to remember a story by someone called 'the skate competion' or something equally ridiculous and it was hilarious. That and the Indiana Jones 4 thread had me laughing pretty hard.
Wed 27/05/09 at 01:37
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Strangely enough I was reading through some of the old forums only last night, couldn't find any stats.
I didn't join this place until the last 2 years but even then it was a fantastic forum that seemed to have evolved from the users.
As for myself, a neurotic, crazy, socially inept, deliberately antagonistic and very easily annoyed and upset, mess of a kid.
I don' really remember many of the threads aside from my beloved WLT and the all-night chats we used to have.
Wed 27/05/09 at 00:40
Regular
I was a strange character back in the day...nothing changes eh? :P

To prove it: 'should of' doesn't sound right to me...isn't it 'should have'? And is it worrying that I'm OCDing over words?
Tue 26/05/09 at 23:52
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Have any of the old-timers taken a look through the SR Archive hidden deep on the Freeola site recently? I just took a look at my stats, been knocking around these forums for almost 8 years, on and off. Crazy long time!

Just for a bit of banter, I trawled through some of my posts on the 'Life, the Universe and Everything' forum. By God, my 13 year old self was a crappy, tortured soul :). I was going to pull some other forum member's posts and put em here for some reminisicing fun times, but I'm not sure how much people want to remember!

The Shaneo witchhunts, the buxom wenchmobile, the tripe stories featuring various forumites, the Notable elections, Mystique... fun teenage times I'd almost forgotten about. Not to mention the 3 GADs a day days of yore. Oh the reviews. Oh the walkthroughs.

*pats chat forum affectionately*

"See Mum! THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD OF BOUGHT ME A DOG!!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.