GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Monkey Island Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/02/01 at 18:15
Regular
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a (legal) copy of the first 2 monkey island games. I have looked just about everywhere, and it seems as if production has stopped. I know that this is also true of other old games. Once the publisher stops making it, it becomes almost impossible to get hold of. If the publisher doesn't think that the game is worth selling at a profit, then why not follow the example of many others and put it on the public domain? Games as old as these only take a couple of minutes to download, and they can act as advertisements for newer games. Many publishers have done this (e.g. Zork, Caesar), and I think it should become the normal thing to do. After all, hardly anyone is going to pay very much for games more than 10 years old, so publishers would hardly be losing out on profits, they would get some free advertising, and would also reduce the use of illegal sites on the web, which try (and usually fail) to make such games available for free
Mon 19/02/01 at 18:15
Regular
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a (legal) copy of the first 2 monkey island games. I have looked just about everywhere, and it seems as if production has stopped. I know that this is also true of other old games. Once the publisher stops making it, it becomes almost impossible to get hold of. If the publisher doesn't think that the game is worth selling at a profit, then why not follow the example of many others and put it on the public domain? Games as old as these only take a couple of minutes to download, and they can act as advertisements for newer games. Many publishers have done this (e.g. Zork, Caesar), and I think it should become the normal thing to do. After all, hardly anyone is going to pay very much for games more than 10 years old, so publishers would hardly be losing out on profits, they would get some free advertising, and would also reduce the use of illegal sites on the web, which try (and usually fail) to make such games available for free
Mon 19/02/01 at 18:30
i dont know and nonone cares so shut and buy the new monkey island
Sun 24/05/09 at 10:01
Regular
I would like to welcome you to The Allotment Community Forum , feel free to include your views, growing problems, advice, items for sale/free/wanted or to swop, or any topic on anything to due with the UK allotment community.
Mon 20/07/09 at 09:18
Regular
hi i would like to known how to get to the free membership form as i can's seen to find it on any off the listed things to jump to . WE are having fun with our allotment. Can you please direct me to it. thankyou
Sat 25/07/09 at 19:39
Regular
madhatters wrote:
> hi i would like to known how to get to the free membership form
> as i can's seen to find it on any off the listed things to jump
> to . WE are having fun with our allotment. Can you please direct
> me to it. thankyou

Hi there, Sorry you're having trouble getting the free membership. We are looking into the problem and will get back to you as soon as it has been rectified.

It's great to know you are enjoying your allotment.

Clive D.
Mon 27/07/09 at 08:19
Regular
We are experiencing intermittant problems with the on line registration forms at present this is caused by a problem with an independent server that we are using - sorry for any inconvience caused but for the time being just e-mail your name, address, allotment location, plot number and e-mail address to [email protected].

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.