GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Domain name registration details."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/06/06 at 13:16
"Are you sure?"
Hi - [glad to see the Freeola forums are back...]
Quick query for you.

Logged into MyFreeola, I see there is an option to change a domain name's registration details. i.e. The name and address of the registrant.

I notice that the name and address shown here doesn't match the info that's displayed by performing a WHOIS on the domain. Is this feature working correctly?

Thanks.
Tue 06/06/06 at 17:15
"Are you sure?"
Sounds good - Thanks.
Tue 06/06/06 at 16:21
Regular
We are running a series of housekeeping tasks at present which will update the address details with those held at the registry which will solve that issue.

As for the opt-out feature for Nominet domains we will be adding this option back in on the order process soon but for now you can call support on 0871 210 9977 and they will be able to opt your domains out.
Mon 05/06/06 at 15:57
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Bob.

It seems the domains I've transferred in from other providers have the incorrect details.

In MyFreeola the details all show as mine even if they aren't, but a WHOIS shows the previous registrant address etc.

i.e. If a domain is registered to John Smith, in MyFreeola all the details now show as mine; but a WHOIS still shows the correct details? Any idea on how I can correct this?

ALSO:
A while back you could register co.uk addresses with Freeola and have the option of keeping the registered address private (from a WHOIS) but this seems to have been removed? Can it be returned ?

Thanks...
Mon 05/06/06 at 15:24
Regular
Sometimes the address details for the domain can get out of sync with the whois, although we do try to keep this from happening. You should be able to change the address on the whois (which also updates our records) by clicking on the domain in MyFreeola and using the buttons next to the domain. The only exception is for .eu domain names where the registry are still working on the functionality to allow this.
Mon 05/06/06 at 13:16
"Are you sure?"
Hi - [glad to see the Freeola forums are back...]
Quick query for you.

Logged into MyFreeola, I see there is an option to change a domain name's registration details. i.e. The name and address of the registrant.

I notice that the name and address shown here doesn't match the info that's displayed by performing a WHOIS on the domain. Is this feature working correctly?

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.