GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Trouble with my new laptop, please help!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/05/09 at 21:46
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
I just bought a new samsung nc 20 laptop, and since it doesn't have a disc drive, so i bought an external 1. It comes with a disc which includes the drivers, whcih XP auto finds anyway with plug and play. But it includes power dvd and nero and drivers to enable the drive to play DVDs.

When i attempt to run the disc it just displays the contents of the disc and when i try to run any of the setup exe for the respective programs i get displayed error messages such as

PowerDVD: The installShield Engine (iKernal.exe) could not be installed.

The system cannot find the path specified.

AND

The nero files have 3 different versions each with 2 exe 's
and when i attempt to run any of them i get an error message that errors were encountered whilst trying to install nero.

Any thoughts??
Sat 23/05/09 at 15:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi Shepps, this link may provide some help, it gives an idea of what you can try......(the images shown could be from win 98 or XP, depends how the PC was set up). Have a go....:-)

ikernal link
Sat 23/05/09 at 07:37
Regular
"I like turtles"
I'm no technical wizard but I had a similar problem on my PC.PowerDVD (version 7 I think it was ?) did install but did not function correctly on my PC.I used different software which did the trick and it was free. VLC Media Player is a good app and even plays most media files as well as DVD's/CD's.There are also a couple of good free burning programs I use IMG Burn is superb IMO and CD Burner XP is worth downloading as well as it does a couple of things (Burns MP3 files to audio CD's for example) that IMG Burn does not.Programs are free so you have nothing to lose by trying them.Would at least give you a better idea if the problem was software or hardware related.Hope this helps.
Fri 22/05/09 at 21:46
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
I just bought a new samsung nc 20 laptop, and since it doesn't have a disc drive, so i bought an external 1. It comes with a disc which includes the drivers, whcih XP auto finds anyway with plug and play. But it includes power dvd and nero and drivers to enable the drive to play DVDs.

When i attempt to run the disc it just displays the contents of the disc and when i try to run any of the setup exe for the respective programs i get displayed error messages such as

PowerDVD: The installShield Engine (iKernal.exe) could not be installed.

The system cannot find the path specified.

AND

The nero files have 3 different versions each with 2 exe 's
and when i attempt to run any of them i get an error message that errors were encountered whilst trying to install nero.

Any thoughts??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.