GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Hawks : RIDE to be an Xbox 360 exclusive in the UK."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tony Hawks : RIDE'.
Wed 20/05/09 at 22:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
Source

The game will be playable on a wireless skateboard controller.Would love to get excited about this but at the moment I'm fearing the worst ! :)
Wed 20/05/09 at 22:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
Source

The game will be playable on a wireless skateboard controller.Would love to get excited about this but at the moment I'm fearing the worst ! :)
Wed 20/05/09 at 22:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
Apologies for the double post.My connection seemed to hang for ages so I refreshed the create thread and its posted twice.Mods please feel free to delete the dupe post.
Wed 20/05/09 at 22:32
Regular
"How Ironic"
I have the same feeling. Alot of people who play skateboard games play them because they can't be bothered standing up doing the tricks etc. And if people wanted to ride a skateboard in this way, they'd just buy a real one ;) Silly idea it seems to me.
Thu 21/05/09 at 07:19
Regular
I've got all the Tony Hawk's I need between Tony Hawk's 2 on the GBA and Tony Hawk's 4 on the GameCube.

THUG was pants and since playing THUG, I've not felt compelled to try any other Tony Hawk's game so far...

It is unfortunate, but there are other games I'd rather spend my money on.
Thu 21/05/09 at 09:21
"possibly impossible"
Activision are handing over their publishing rights in Europe so I guess it's part of this. Atari are doing the same.

Ghostbusters is in the same boat, it will be a timed exclusive for the PS3 next month because Sony picked up distribution rights, then the 360 and Wii versions will come out in October.

Both the Tony Hawks game/board and Ghostbusters are multi-format at the same time in the US and as it stands should be able to play on a UK console anyway. It's just annoying that they do this. I can't see that it makes Activision any more money, more likely less in the long run.
Thu 21/05/09 at 23:31
Regular
"How Ironic"
Games on multiformat should just be released at the same time. Released in different countries at different times maybe, but we shouldn't be looking at months, that's just ludicrous. Surely people in America and people on the PS3 can let us know wether Ghostbusters is a good game for example, and it could perhaps hinder their sales for October. Doesn't make any sense at all. Just release them all at once, and get the biggest hype out of them while you can.
Fri 22/05/09 at 08:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
Totally agree guys.Can only see staggering worldwide release dates as being counter-productive.Anyone desperate for a title will just import it as most 360 games are Region Free these days and all PS3 titles are.Also if a game blows the chances are everyone is going to know about it 2 - 3 months before hand and then ignore it when it finally does turn up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.