GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When Insects Attack"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/08/03 at 15:16
Regular
For many years me and wasps have had an understanding - they don't sting me, I don't squash them.
And it's worked fine. Before today I couldn't remember the last time a bee or wasp had gone for a piece of me.
But today I was to discover the horrors that befall all those without such protection...

When Insects Attack!

It was a hot, sunny day, and I was mowing the lawn. It hadn't been done for a while, the grass was long and the grass bag needed emptying frequently. On a couple of occasions I noticed a large insect buzzing around the compost heap. Although he looked a little shifty, I remembered my deal with mother nature and didn't worry.

Finally I finished the lawn, and with thoughts turning to the chimes of a distant ice cream van, I went to empty the bag one last time.

If only I'd known my fate, perhaps I would have been lass callous to the risks of...

When Insects Attack!

I didn't get a good look at the perpetrator, but it wasn't a bee or wasp, probably a hornet - a vicious hurt machine and career criminal of the insect world.
Whoever he was, his flight was swift, his aim sure and his sting deadly, and as he rushed for my forearm, he administered his assault without mercy.

How naive I was, to believe I could make a deal with the devil.
The lump's gone down now, but there's a huge red patch around where it stung me and a permanant reminder burned into my consciousness that will never let me forget the horrors of...

When Insects Attack!

I'm Greg Evigan
Tue 05/08/03 at 23:06
Regular
"The Red Shift"
mozzies and wasps have no place on earth. they are pure evil with no ggodness and no use to anyone but them.
Tue 05/08/03 at 23:00
Regular
The best way to deter these beasts is simple.

Strip down to your underwear, coat yourself in a thin layer of marmalade and continue on your activities. The sheer sight of your semi naked flesh will make any insect quiver.

I advise you to never endorse anything I say.
Tue 05/08/03 at 22:54
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Goatboy wrote:
> I find fleeing at terrific speed, windmilling your arms and emitting a
> high pitched "Eeeeeeeeeeee!" allows you to escape unprovoked
> aerial assaults from these sky-bullets.

You manly man you.
Tue 05/08/03 at 19:38
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> I hate the little things but my friends seem to find it hilarious
> seeing a 6'4 guy legging it halfway down the road to get away from the
> little cretins.

True. I guess they do perform a useful function after all...
Mon 04/08/03 at 15:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I hate the little things but my friends seem to find it hilarious seeing a 6'4 guy legging it halfway down the road to get away from the little cretins. Death to all wasps/hornets/bees
Mon 04/08/03 at 14:51
Regular
"8==="
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> I find fleeing at terrific speed, windmilling your arms and emitting
> a
> high pitched "Eeeeeeeeeeee!" allows you to escape
> unprovoked
>
> Okay - which girlie has hacked into Goatboys account?

Actually that made me think of Mini-Me when he goes down the air conditioning vent in AP3.
Mon 04/08/03 at 14:49
Regular
"8==="
I always found that batting a wasp (that was flying at you) with the back of your hand gave it a clear message to go and they always did...
Mon 04/08/03 at 14:05
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Unbeliever wrote:

> Why do wasps exist? Any ideas?

To fight bumble bees. When I was young we called Wasps: Jaspers, so there.
Mon 04/08/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I read somewhere that wasps and bees are attracted to people's breath due to there being some kind of chemical in it.

So I held my breath whenever I was accosted by them and it seemed to have worked - they lose interest and fly off.

I hate wasps - they serve no purpose in the food chain and sometimes I wonder why they actually exist.

Why do wasps exist? Any ideas?
Mon 04/08/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Goatboy wrote:
> I find fleeing at terrific speed, windmilling your arms and emitting a
> high pitched "Eeeeeeeeeeee!" allows you to escape unprovoked

Okay - which girlie has hacked into Goatboys account?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.