GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PHP-Nuke sites, PLEASE HELP!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/08/03 at 15:16
Regular
Right, I want to upload the PHP-NUKE template site to my webspace but I'm not quite sure how?

I have uploaded forums before so is it like that, do you literally upload; go to /install.php on the net and then let it install to the MySQL database or what? Coz when I upload the files in the zip and then i go to the site address, it sez that the page cannot be reached...???

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong, or give me a step by step guide on how to do it!

The file I am downloading is called:

PHP-Nuke-6.8.0.tar.gz

Thanks people!
Tue 05/08/03 at 17:57
Regular
www.retrospective.staghost.com/newdesign/index.php thats an example of the basic LDU install by the way.
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:34
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
secret_squirrel™ wrote:
> Coz when I upload the files in the zip and
> then i go to the site address, it sez that the page cannot be
> reached...???

I wonder if its put them in a folder off your webspace? Are all the files .php or are they .php3 or .php4 ?

I did once try to use phpNuke but found it a little over-complicated for my needs. You might also like to look at phpWebSite:

http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/

Chris.
Mon 04/08/03 at 20:01
Regular
Forget PHPnuke, get LDU http://ldu.neocrome.net/ ;)
Mon 04/08/03 at 02:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
There's an install guide you know...
Sun 03/08/03 at 15:16
"Bothered!"
Right, I want to upload the PHP-NUKE template site to my webspace but I'm not quite sure how?

I have uploaded forums before so is it like that, do you literally upload; go to /install.php on the net and then let it install to the MySQL database or what? Coz when I upload the files in the zip and then i go to the site address, it sez that the page cannot be reached...???

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong, or give me a step by step guide on how to do it!

The file I am downloading is called:

PHP-Nuke-6.8.0.tar.gz

Thanks people!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.