GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bumper music haul this weekend"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/08/03 at 12:12
Regular
Saturday morning saw a number of packages arrive on my doorstep, all full of musical delight. Amongst them were:

Kings Of Leon - Youth and Young Manhood
DJ Shadow - Pre-Emptive Strike
Super Furry Animals - Phantom Power

I also managed to get a copy of the new Coral album too.

The DJ Shadow album was great, it's a collection of all his pre studio album mixes, like Influx, Organ Donor and the What Does Your Soul Look Like series. All very good indeed, I've got most of it on my PC already but it's nice to have it all in one place.

The Super Furries album is also great. Like their last few albums, it takes a few listens to really get into, but they've grown so much since the days of Radiator - layered melodies, orchestral choruses... it's just lovely. And you can't argue with a band that use the lyric 'You're a minger, I'm a minger too'. Welsh.

The Coral album is fantastic, they're just excellent at writing toe tapping songs, their sound is still a bit stark but they've got their own unique sound (apart from sounding like the early Beatles). Although I'm in danger of sounding lke Paul Ross, is one of my favourite singles so far this year, of all time, EVER. Okay, maybe not that last bit. But it is excellent, and the rest of the album is just as good.

But the Kings of Leon album is.... ace. It's so ace, I can't think of any words to describe it. It's rock played how it should be - fast, hard and screamed. Truly, it is 'tache rock! Every single track could be a single, memorable and instantly catchy, I think I've found my new favourite band of the moment. I'm listening to it now and I can't stop my feet from tapping, the power of rock compels me! Get it today! And the look like the blokes from that 118 advert!

Still to come... new Black Rebel album, new Cooper Temple Clause album, new Rapture album... tis a good time for music.
Mon 04/08/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
We had Kings of Leon on the offer night, I liked it.

" Lala should've been a wonder "

Or whatever the lyric is
Mon 04/08/03 at 13:21
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I got a few good albums the other day. I got :-

Beatles - Revolver
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
Biffy Clyro - The Vertigo Of Bliss

Haven't had chance to listen to them yet, but not bad for £30.
Mon 04/08/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I prefer Kings of Leon to White Stripes and The Darkness. It'd probably get a bit samey after a while, but it's fun whilst it's on.
Sun 03/08/03 at 22:05
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Goatboy wrote:
> You can stick The Darkness up your ironic hair-metal ass

Fine, all the more for me.
Sun 03/08/03 at 21:30
Regular
Yer. Just been listening to that album and frankly it totally rocks.

"Molly's chambers" - Oh yes.

*deposits Whitestripes album in the bin*

Looks like I won't be needing that anymore...
Sun 03/08/03 at 21:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Evehbody wanna be a showman...yeah they all gotta nutha one...evehbody think they gotta genius...evehbody got me owntha run"

Kings of Leon rule. They look like 70s Hairymen, play like Lynyrd Skynyrd and it reeks of alt.country excellence.
They blast it live as well. Say "thang you" a lot and call men "sir".

You can stick The Darkness up your ironic hair-metal ass, Kings of Leon play it like it should be.
Unpretentious, non-Bad Manners-type rock and roll.

"Y'all keep coo-coo-creepin'...creepin' undaneath ma skin...#### you and yo flashbulbs..."
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:39
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I love Inspire.

I have downloaded that and Anchor but refuse to download anymore as I want the album. I'm also seeing them live at Reading. Lucky me.
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I meant to say that 'Pass It On' by the Coral is my favourite single. I just kinda trailed off there.

The Cave In album has a few good tracks, but is a bit patchy.
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:21
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I'm just waiting for Play to stock the latest Cave In ablbum again. Apparently if I wait a month I can get it with some free DVD. Coooooooo.

I'm also waiting for Amazon to ship me some other various imported stuff.

Waiting sucks.
Sun 03/08/03 at 16:05
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
True, the Kings of Leon album is special. It took me ages to get past the first track 'cos it was so darn good. Molly's chambers is great, too. Check out that guitar/drums freak-out a couple of minutes into it. Crazy sickness, right there.

I'll definetly be getting BRMC's latest too, then there's newies from Muse and the coopers and such. I wish I had more cash!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.