GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spurs and Arsenal to share new Wembley?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/08/03 at 09:36
Regular
Ah? It seems that the two teams are proposing to share the new stadium, as both have hit snags in the development of their new stadiums. Tottenham need a temnpory stadium while White Hart Lane is revamped, while Arsenals move to their new stadium (Hampdon Park or something?)has hit a snag. This seems a bit odd considering the rivalry...
Wed 06/08/03 at 20:50
Regular
it isn't worth it, a) it would be pure and simply outrageously unfair as this is PUBLIC money. B) the Fa won't want 2 long term leases binding them to other peoples fixtures and over use of the pitch.

They should have sold the old wembley to arsenal and relocated the new wembley to just outside london. That wasy they would have raised funds and not had it slap bang in the middle of the city, in prime pikey country.
Tue 05/08/03 at 19:17
Regular
"It's been a while.."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Black Demon wrote:
> Also costs would
> be split and as someone said, spurs may actually get good.
>
>
> Now now, lets not get too carried away :D

lol i had a feeling someone may get in there with that snide comment.

:cD
Tue 05/08/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Black Demon wrote:
Also costs would
> be split and as someone said, spurs may actually get good.

Now now, lets not get too carried away :D
Tue 05/08/03 at 17:04
Regular
*Hampdon
Tue 05/08/03 at 17:03
Regular
Hampden Park :cD

Silly Nat...
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:52
Regular
"It's been a while.."
I think it would be great. Think of the atmosphere when spurs played arsenal, it would be like nothing ever heard before. Also costs would be split and as someone said, spurs may actually get good.

:cD
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, what good did it do for them last-time??

And I'm sure the fans wouldn't like to see the 2 rivals sharing the same ground, either.

Eventually, we'd probably end-up with another "Wimbledon at Selhurst Park" kind of problem, once Arsénal and Spurs eventually end all plans of getting "their own" new stadium.
Sun 03/08/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think it'd be pretty good if Arsenal are allowed to use Wembley as their ground. We saw how ordinary they were made to look when they used the ground for their champions league games a few years back.

Plus also why couldn't Spurs and Arsenal ground share? Inter and AC share the San Siro after all.

The only thing i could see causing outcry is that Arsenal just get a free stadium while other teams have had to spend money rebuilding theirs. So will the FA be paying any compensation to the other clubs?
Sun 03/08/03 at 14:11
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Can't see it happening. I don't think the FA are stupid enough to allow two of the most bitter rivals in the premiership to share one ground.
Sun 03/08/03 at 09:41
Regular
"The Red Shift"
*arsenal fan

personally. i would love to see arsenal play in wembley and we do have one of the best ground staff in the premiership.

i would like the idea, especially if tottenham suddenly got really good.

i would prefer ashburton grove on our own, but not if it cripples us. they better make the decision soon though, if they are, theyre just wasting money at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.